1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ralph, Freddie and WSBK....

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jun 1, 2008.

1. 999

999 Well-Known Member

You know how I know you're queer?

Because you list your airfilter, chain/sprockets and spring rate in your sig. :crackup:

2. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

I think JU needs another paint scheme so that when his guys are out front, that they won't be referred to as...

"The blue bike" or "the blue Suzuki."

While watching the supersport and superstock races, I was snickering heavily while wondering if JU has an AED nearby while watching the races, lol.

I will say that Blake Young and Corey West have had their name shouted out more often than ever but not their team/sponsors. I just KNEW that at the minimum, the announcers would give the "M4/EMGO SUZUKI" a shout out when Young's bike displayed an obvious hp advantage over the Erion bikes while on the Miller straightaway but...

to no avail. I mean Young's "blue Suzuki" put tractor trailers between he and the Erion boys... oops, I mena "red Hondas" while on the straightaway. To draft the "blue bike" was totally out of the question, lol.

Maybe you should paint your bikes, John! Paint them a color that will become synonymous with M4/EMGO so that "Young/West on the blue Suzuki" is a thing of the past...

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I'm pretty sure 'Chause' is an appropriate pronouciation, but still...

The thing I don't get is that clearly somebody somewhere thinks those guys do a good job, or they wouldn't be there, right? I honestly thought that Greg WHite did a WAAAAAY better job the one shot he got, and that was including the little bobbles etc. due to inexperience. I am very confident that if they allowed Greg the opportunity to gain that experience and get more comfortable, they'd really have a quality race announcer on their hands.

I also think that Freddie isn't as bad as it seems. The problem is that Ralph is absolutely terrible. He has nothing to say, knows absolutely nothing about what he's seeing as the race goes on, and therefor has no idea how to properly engage the color man (Freddie). Do I think Freddie is the best color guy ever? Of course not. But, I think they could keep him around if they had a better main play-by-play guy (or whatever it's called in racing).

Better yet, put Dreb in the booth with Greg as the color guy. Greg gets experience, and we don't have to listen to the entertainment-value-sucking train wreck that is Ralph Sheheen.

Isn't there an Arenacross race he should be attending to? Goddam.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Dreb and Greg would be great. Then you seriously need an attractive and intelligent girl down pitside to do interviews. You see it in the NBA - when females do the courtside interviews, they get much better/engaging feedback from the players; as opposed to the generic and boring stuff from the males.

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Maybe, but I can't hardly remember any of the MotoGP/WSC/500/250 etc. guys over the years being anything but great. I really enjoy the guys who do the Euro broadcasts now, and they're not as good as the old-school 500GP guys. Who was is who used to say "No quarter asked...or given!" I loved that guy.

I really think that the level of popularity of a sport in a given country is directly related to haw difficult it is to find a quality announcer for that sport. There is no shortage of good football play-by-play guys in the US, and there are literally hundreds of good baseball announcers between TV and radio. But, watch a soccer game on US TV and it's just as bad as bike racing. There just arne't any real, professional announcers it seems.

Speaking of which...isn't Chris Carter a full-time US resident? How ever much it would cost to put him in Ralph's seat, they should write the check.

6. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:crackup: :crackup: Brian made a funny

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Max Bretus on Fox Soccer Channel is on par with most of the blokes on television in the UK.

Chris Carter....please no, I grew up listening to that clown.

8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I have it on good authority that DMG is negotiating to get Lisa Dergan and Jill Arrington for the AMA broadcasts next year, with Lisa Guerrerro handling the pit work. This is not just a rumor, it's almost a done deal. They will be able to cover their salaries with bikini and lingerie contingency from official AMA bikini and lingerie sponsors - you know - like "Victoria's Secret The Official Bra of AMA Superbike Racing". As expected, there has been a thunderous expression of outrage from hard core fans who think it's too much change, too fast, but DMG plans to forge ahead with their plan and make adjustments as necessary.

On a side note, Leeann was in the running but eliminated for obvious reasons.

9. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

:stupid:

DEATH TO SPEED!

10. smrrc

smrrc Well-Known Member

Speaking of giving credit where credit is due...What about a mention of Safety Firsts' Bobby Fong? Who BTW, did mangae to qualify 5th and was the first Suzuki I might ad (sorry John:p )

No mention to this fact. No mention that this was his best qualifying effort to date, and to boot...not even a fucking mention when he binned it (again) in a cloud of Utah dirt. Heck, I think this is the first mention of him in this thread. Is there some sort of conspiracy to dog the kid or does he have to be fighting for the lead to get a little exposure?

Matt

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just realized that someone managed to get to fifth in the FX standings without getting his name mentioned in any race that I can remember.

12. vasiliy

vasiliy Squid Enthusiast

I hope this thread turns into the 'durani mag wheel' thread fashion. its so much easier to follow.

as far as commentators... i doubt anything will change, since...

hmm..

example...

nascar fans... these guys put up with commentators, who are suffering from multiple speech impediments... for hours!

hence... i think speed gives 2 shits about these 3 stooges, they have much larger issues to resolve.... or not

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  13. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

He's mentioned in Roadracing World. And Cory mentioned him on TV. Unfortunately, his stellar performance in the changing conditions at the end of the Supersport qualifying session (wet/drying) did not carry over to the race. He'll get it, he has good potential.

But yeah, the TV guys should have noticed.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not sure who started this whole thing, but yeah, Ralph and Freddie suck.