1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ralph, Freddie and WSBK....

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Nine...........which means no in Dewtch.:D

2. Don't need to look it up, I've been there a few times; although for hospital needs we usually went to Wiesbaden, as it was a lot closer to where we lived than Frankfurt.

Did you go to school on base?

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Born there. Lived in Hanau, Giessen, Fulda, Wiesbaden. All DoDDs schools. Mother is from Freinhausen, tiny village about 30-40 clicks from Jngolstadt. Spoke German before I spoke English. Where were you exactly? Graduated HS in Wiesbaden, get back every so often...

Small world, wouldn't want to paint it. :)

4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

My oldest was born in Landstul, although his first language was ebonics. What a foul-mouthed kid!

5. No wonder I smelled a Bavarian accent! :)

Bonn. Dad worked at the Embassy. I went to the American School on the Rhine, now known as the International School on the Rhein (name changed when the Embassy moved to Berlin).

Me too - wife grew up in Aachen. She visits friends and family all the time, I go whenever work permits :(

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

They should do some sort of survey on military brat potty mouths vs. civilian kids. My parents don't swear at all, but my sister and I...well...

7. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Hey! Why are you bringing my children into this discussion?

(That's my boy, and my girls...)

8. John29

PS:

JS = 8 Superstock mentions at Infineon

Others = 0 Superstock mentions at Infineon, not even for Corona Honda, and they won!

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Well, I don't feel like a loner now. Seems like they learn to talk just to talk back.:D

10. Strick

Strick Good to be king

the other teams need to a better job............................with lunch. :D

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I thought the announcing was much better at Miller. It was actually interesting to me, and my non-M/C junkies understood enough to be entertained without me having to translate.

12. John29

No, somebody needs to get up off their basketball worshipping knees (cough-cough-blow-job-cough-cough) and pay attention to what's happening on the racetrack, and give credit where credit is due. Or at least, 8-1 in mentions vs. 8-0.

13. John29

Haven't seen it yet, I hope you're right.

14. smb428

smb428 Active Member

It seems like every sport that I am a fan of people are always bashing the commentators. It's really alot more difficult to be a commentator then it is sounds and they get annoying after a while so I try to just ignore them.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think you're right smb. It'd be interesting to hear from the non-hardcore fans what they think.

16. vasiliy

vasiliy Squid Enthusiast

17. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

I agree with you in principal, I earn my living behind a mic and I know it's not easy...BUT, it would of been so cool to hear the normal Euro announcers take on the whole "SBK series comes to a new circuit...in America" thing. When I turned on the tube and saw it was Ralph and Freddie, it was a let down. Those two do an ok job with the AMA series, but they are just not on par with the regular SBK announcers. Their was probably a financial benefit to do the broadcast themselves (SPEED) as opposed to taking the regular SBK feed.

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

It was mostly in jest, Bob. And an excuse to throw up a funny pic. Freddie Spencer was one of my first racing heroes growing up. He just speaks like a fertilizer salesman with a sample in his mouth. :D

Can't they hire Schwantz or Rainey? Mamola? :confused:

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

How about that, you got it exactly right. :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uze19CQVttc

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's just sad. :D