1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ralph, Freddie and WSBK....

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Based on what I heard last week, I'm in the no guttural r corner.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

NoiKEERchnehr. Ch sound is like a cat hissing...somewhat like starting to hock a loogie, but in the front of your mouth, without engaging larynx.

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

While I agree with the disection and explanations of the German dialect they all could be wrong. You pronounce it they way the person tells you to..........afterall it is his name. ;)

4. Raymond Luxury-Yacht (pronounced Throat-Warbler Mangrove) :D

:up:

5. You must have lived in Bavaria. They don't speak German there. :)

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I know you said it but in your phonetic you typed an i instead of an e and I figured somebody would misinterpret that. No biggie. Yeah, guttural was a poor choice of words on my part. You gotta at least give me a trill, no way a German would pronounce that name with an English r. ;)

7. Strick

Strick Good to be king

But they have a nice tasty cream filled donut named after them. :D:D

8. Knarf Legna

Donut? WTF????? Bavarian cream PIE!!!!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And weird as hell - you couldn't find one in all of Bavaria. Lots of tasty pastry stuff and sausages and spuds and kraut but not one Bavarian Cream. Weird bastids.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, the local track announcers suck. Always have. Each of the AMA rounds have had the same yahoos up there annoying the audience. Well, a couple of them anyway, they threw in a couple others for a few minutes here and there.
    The only good part was when they had Noyes up there doing some announcing for a while. Every other one sucked worse than Freddie possibly ever could.
    And yes, the track has far more elevation change than it appears on TV or even sometimes while riding. They are all just very gradual other than the Attitudes section. Most of the corners are actually heading up or downhill.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Nope. That's how you pronounce church in German. If you pronounced it with a sh sound, you would be saying cherry, spelled kirsch.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can we just call him Newchurch and be done with it?

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm in. Someone post a poll on how to pronounce Xaus.

14. Thanks for the German lesson, even though it's wrong :)

Cherry is spelled kirsche. :D

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

And church is spelled kirche. Dropping the vowel on the end doesn't change the pronunciation of the consonant blend. Don't you have a poll to rustle up? :)

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

One way to prounce his name is "House". The X in spanish could be pronounced as a "J". Jaus which sound like House!

17. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

do you know how to pronounce PIE ? DE E LICIOUS .

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Pie is one of the nicknames for our newest cat. Short for sweetiepie. Jesus, I am bored.

19. Knarf Legna

If he spelled it Neukirche, then, yeah. :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Y'all, I believe S&S hears some genuine German on a monthly basis, every time he gives it to the wife. So if I were you, I would stop arguing.