1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racial Slur

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by guerrilla, Jul 2, 2003.

1. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

:rolleyes:

2. guerrilla

OKAY THE DEAD HORSE DIES TONIGHT!

I will end my fight by saying just a few things. First of all it makes me so proud that while I did absolutely nothing to change the minds of any of you on this topic I did do one thing that I thought would never ever happen. I found common ground for MONGO and mad brad.

Next, I want the record to reflect for the 20th time that I NEVER even INSINUATED that ANY of you were Racist for your beliefs ( I do personally believe that brad is homophobic and extremely intolerant but that does not in any way make him a racist. (I am sure he has black friends that will agree :Poke: ) I also do not feel that MARKB did anything wrong he was a victim of circumstance, Under normal conditions his describing someone as black would have went without furver. However, his anger coupled with a persons guilty conscience set off certain feelings in BOTH.

yourworstnme - SUMMED up how I think we all feel on the subject. My nigga -- is a sign of love and respect when said in the right context around the right people. You have worked out a relationship with your friends, you can say things to them that you wouldn't DARE say to someone you don't know. Because you feel it is okay it doesn't mean everyone will. YOU MUST RESPECT THAT. If you don't you will go on running into situations where your intentions come into question.

It is not about being PC it is about Coming Correct.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

where is my bleeding heart smilie. :rolleyes:

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Your case was not racial profiling, your case was bigotry. Racial profiling should not involve anything abusive or discourteous. Yours should have been a legitimate traffic stop but it was done by a piece of shit. Racial profiling was never needed there. Just a plain victim of bigotry.

If I end up in my pickup at one am in the morning in South Chicago(just a reference) cruising around I hope to God a Chicago cop(black, white or whatever) uses racial profiling and pulls my ass over to see what the hell I'm doing there. Chances are I'm up to no good or I'm lost either way I think it is justified. Him coming to my window and saying, "What the fuck is a punk ass white boy doing on my streets at night?" while putting me on the ground is not right.

My little scenario is different from yours but I was just making a point that profiling can be used in a respectful way but that is not always the case. You can't get rid of profiling... it is going to happen regardless of the law... human nature is going to dictate that it continues.

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

For the record-

I'm all for reparations. I'll just list my sponsor as 'Uncle Sam'. ;)
    Oh, and I'm tired of being oppressed by the man.....who happens to be a woman.
    And yes, Buck likes de wyte wimen.
    I eat fried chicken too. (It's delicious)
    I have really big feet, which can only mean......I wear really big shoes.
    Cops harass me. Especially after I hit on the Police Chief's wife. (Hey, she wanted it)
    I really hate it when folks say "those 4 black guys" when there were clearly 5 black guys and a Jap.
    Shit, I think he was a spic.
    Ah well, they all look alike.

Is this thing on?

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:D

respirations? respirations? all dat's gonna do....... is make cadillac the #1 dealership in america!!

*cedric the entertainer* {so you won't think i'm racist} ;)

7. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm a proud racist.

Can I get special treatment now...???

:rolleyes: :D

p.s. I feel dumber for reading this thread.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Hage, shut up. You're from Paraguay, so you don't get to voice your opinion. :D ;)

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

ROFLMAO!! Buck you ain't right. :D :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guerilla - when you agreed with the Jiffy Lube idiot that went off on Mark then you agreed that what Mark said was racist - meanwhile no one else thinks so in that specific and exact context. I think that you and the Jiffy Lube guy both overreacted to a very simple way of picking out one specific person in a group.

Kind of like saying that if you wanna find whizzif in the Medieval pits you looks for the little white guy...

And I have no black friends that will say I'm not racist - they all think I'm an asshole too :D

11. guerrilla

Touche' I meant only that he brought it on himself and that I could see how Jiffy Lube (looking for an out) could accuse him.

Oh and by the way I do not think my political views are altogether different than anyone elses. I think we can almost all agree that people should be free to do what they want (Whether it be race bikes on EASTER, Smoke a little grass from time to time, or SUCK D*CK). I don't like the idea of any of the aforementioned for me but hey what ever floats your boat.

As for you being an ASSHOLE (AGAIN YOUR RIGHT!) :D

To take this thread to the lighter side and point out I ain't to stupid. I want to tell you a story.

This pothead buddy of mine was out in the park playing frisbee golf with a couple of other potheads. They NORMALLY use the space and woods to free their minds(SO TO SPEAK). Luckily this day they were fresh out of Bud. As they were leaving the park the park ranger followed them. When they hit the street they discovered the ranger had called the police and they were pulled over. When the cop came up he asked if there were any drugs in the car. Long Story Short My Buddy was bitching saying he had been profiled because he has long hair and "looks like a pothead". So I say to him....YOU ARE DUMBASS. He wasn't profiling...he just picked the wrong day to pull you over.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2003