1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers Needed for Joe Pomeroy

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Jun 2, 2013.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

What color is it? :D

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh wow that sounds like it is awful. That is prolly the worst part.

Red.... Gotta be Red.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Updates? How are ya Joe?

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Dang Joe, I dont know what to say except think of the inconvience as the "toll" to walking again....???....I'm betting they have the attachments for a reason, and hopefully they will scale it back as you improve.

I must say sir, thru this ordeal, YOU have inspired me....thats right....:beer:

I'm glad you are home. I'm sure a routine will develop. I'd like to thank your wife for sticking with this....it doesnt sound easy by any means....you are a lucky man sir.:up::clap:

See you at GNF.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

It is getting a little bit easier. I'm currently waiting to get in to see a neurosurgeon in Greenville so he can asses the brace. I developed a pressure ulcer above my left ankle while at Shepard due to an incorrectly placed wheelchair strap. Therefore, I now have a wound vac on that part of my leg running 24/7. This will pull my skin over the exposed tendon and heal the wound. Kinda gross actually but these things do a good job.

The pain has decreased more. I think the ribs are finally getting close to being mended. They still hurt some but not like the past 11 weeks.

The bummer to report is that I don't think I have gained new feeling back in the past week. I still can't move the legs either. It seems like my status is pretty much the same as when I left Shepard except for less pain. Maybe I need to move and exercise more while home to trigger improvement???

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Your still in my thoughts and prayers Joe.

7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

:stupid:everyday friend!

8. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

I agree, a week after Joe got injured, I was playing co-ed softball and took a short hop to the mouth. Laying in the ER, as the Dr. was stitching my upper lip, I started to think how much of a pain it all was... That was until I thought about Joe and what he was going through. It was at that moment, I toughened the f*ck up. The stitches I was getting really didn't hurt all that bad at that point.

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Big 10-4.:up:

We all need to harden TF up compared to what joe is doing....I'm totally serious..... not just kissing Joes tingley ass.:Poke::bow::D

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I would say so, I'm no physical therapist but I can't see how overall health would not help. But as of right know I'm sure that would be difficult with the pain. But when able I would start trying to do anything to improve overall health. To include diet and vitamins.

And have Lisa keep an eye on your body for those type of ulcers.

I actually did sorta the same thing last week. I have 3 herniated discs and have for about 6-7 years now. Last week I fucked my back up doing Squats by doing too much and not keeping proper form. I instantly knew and dropped it. Then went to streching. Next day I was locked up. Then though about not going, then thought about Joe.

Keep posting up Joe, if nothign else it will allow us to see how you are and also give you a place to vent.

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

Keep on keepin' on, Joe.

12. charles

charles The Transporter

Joe...it's only mid-August...this takes time, and you know this...and yes, there is much to be said for doing the recommended movements/exercises...and listen to some classical music (for the brain)...you have plenty of time, you're not in as much pain now, so good things will happen, in time. Have patience.

13. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

No classical music. Listen to some head banger, techno stuff to get the blood moving and stun those lazy nerves. ;)

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Ah, yes...the Genghis Khan approach...:D

15. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

When finesse doesn't get the job done roll out the bulldozer. :up:

Ask the Docs if you can start doing isometric exercises. They don't require as much movement and will give another method of rebuilding muscle tone and strength.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW I did unstick this since I'm thinking it's time for more of a "what accomplishments Joe did this week" type of thread. Granted, recovery like this can have some weeks that seem like nothing happens but other weeks are pretty cool to hear about.

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Physically, not much is new the past week. Feeling in my left leg feels like it is getting slightly stronger while my right leg doesn't change much. Pain from the ribs continues to decrease. I only need 1 or 2 pain pills in a day and on Saturday I didn't use any.

I do have one bummer to report. This past weekend marked the 12 week period and the neurosurgeon who did the surgery and put me in this brace prescribed the brace for 12 weeks. I thought I could just stop wearing it. No dice on that. I can't get an appointment with a neurosurgeon until Sep. 12th so I have to wear it until I have that appointment where they will take new x-rays to verify it is OK to remove. Wearing this thing for another 2.5 weeks will suck big time. I'm really tired of it and I just want to move on.

On a positive note, local friends Mark and Paul modified one of our showers so once I am out of the brace I'll be able to use it. It was also great having them over to watch MotoGP. As I sat there watching the race I almost felt normal for a brief period of time.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When in the world were you ever normal???

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

So true........:D

20. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

:stupid:Joe, you were too damned fast to be normal; us normal folk were always looking at the tail end of #1!!!

Hang in there my friend, we are all in this with you!