1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers Needed for Joe Pomeroy

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Jun 2, 2013.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Great news Joe. We could tell by your message about the brace that it was terrible. Sending the vibs your way as always.

I would have NEVER guess the secondary conditions associated with that type of injury. I thought, ok bed sores but that would go away as you became more mobile. The UTI stuff, Clot stuff and everything else just compounds everything. It shows alot of character to keep chugging along just.. Well... Trying hard at life. Like Ted said before, you are in our thoughts daily and are the motivation for more than you know.

Thanks for the update Joe.

Hey, I was thinking you think you will be up for a Party at the GNF? Hopefully you are still on track with progress to make it.

Keep your head up Joe

2. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Glad to hear you're finally rid of the brace!! One step closer to recovery........:up:

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Keep on Keepin on man

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

How ya hanging in there Joe?

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm doing much better since the brace came off. My neck feels almost completely normal. Only when I look very far left or right does it feel a bit sore. The back is feeling a bit better day by day. That's a bit slower and by the end of the day it's pretty sore. But, I think that is good because it is getting used. My balance is getting better but I need to work on strength.

Next up is potential skin graft surgery for the pressure wound above my left ankle. The wound vacuum just isn't making good progress after 1 month of use and I'm tired of the thing. So, surgery seems like the next option to get past this.

I do plan to start out patient physical therapy. I've got about 2 weeks more insurance will cover and I've heard of good things from Roger C. Peace center right here in Greenville. So, I'm planning on starting that within days actually.

Longer term, I am currently planning more intense therapy out of state to start as early as Oct. I do feel I have a window of time to make good progress and that is over the next few months. I will need help from the racing community to make it a reality so don't be surprised if you see a fund raising effort pop up in the not too distant future. Any therapy after the next 2 weeks will be at my expense and it isn't cheap.

6. racer63

racer63 Well-Known Member

You might want to try a sugar or honey bandage protocol for the wound before resorting to a skin graft.

Laura

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Wow as usual lately it's bitter sweet news. I suck at organization as you have seen even walking remotely near my pits. But I am defintely down to help.

Charles?? Anyone? Bueller?? just let me know where to send it.

Also there was something that I was wondering. AFter your rehab will you be able to return to your job?

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I do plan to return to work. Hubbell Lighting as been awesome in their support of me and holding my position. Both management above me and my employees below me want me back which makes me feel great. I can't hold out forever though. I'm going to try and start back on some limited basis hopefully in Oct. as well.

9. charles

charles The Transporter

To All Concerned:

As you can read for yourself, Joe has a difficult road ahead. He is now going to take on some very rigorous rehab, and first there are some medical problems that need to be successfully treated before rehab can begin. I've maintained contact with Joe and his family from day one- June 1, 2013- which I tell you very truthfully was one of the worst days of my life, seeing my friend Joe broken and battered in the ICU, and he's come a long way, enduring intense physical pain, emotional distress, and uncertainty about the future. He's getting his mojo back, and he's not wasting any time...

Joe realizes that if he is ever going to have the opportunity to rise up from that wheelchair, he must get rehab under way. Everything about this accident has been expensive, and no one knows for certain how the future will unfold for Joe, so as his friend, I am asking you to consider helping Joe as best you can with the financial burden. He's got to line up the logistics and finances for what will be very expensive rehab treatments. By the way, when you get the chance, log onto www.projectwalk.org and you'll see for yourself what positive results come out of that system.

No need here to be overly wordy, convincing, or dramatic. If you can help with some contribution, just contact Joe with a PM or post here, he'll be in touch, and if for some reason he can't be, I'll get back to you, and let you know where and how you can donate to a good cause for a guy who gave WERA racing everything he had. I guarantee you that he'll be just as intense in his rehab work.

Thank each and every one of you for your heartfelt thoughts and prayers for Joe...he still has miles to go before he sleeps, so hang in there with him.

Best Regards,

Charles

10. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Many thanks, Charles!

Joe, you are in our daily thoughts and prayers for sure.

Glad to see the web site up and just sent a PayPal contribution. More to follow as I can.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Awesome news. A sense of normalcy (sp) wouldn't hurt I know.

Thanks Charles.

12. PoundPuppyRacin

PoundPuppyRacin Pound Puppy Racing

Joe. Still keeping you in our thoughts. Updates are great.