1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers Needed for Joe Pomeroy

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Jun 2, 2013.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

You felt 'normal'? now I am beginning to worry...

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Glad to see some positive news despite the brace stuff. But If it's what I am thinking it is then it sucks big ones for sure.

This weekend at Tally wasn't the same without you. Although me Gripp, Steve, Paulette and Morris shared some stories about our races.

Gripp went out on the SV and putted around getting used to the bike. Paulette had the best crash ever in the farmhouse, went off and basically just fell over.

Steve came out with me in V6LW but sadly it was only me and him. Steve bogged at the start so it was just me really until Hinshaw caught up. Steve said that may have been the ole Hawk's last race.

Hard to run out there all by your lonesome and put down fast laps. I don't know how you did it all those times.

Managed to run a 1:05.3 on the FZR but the bike is basicaly fast and I was parking it in turns. I just don't like the bike.

But it looks like I will enter the GNF with 69 points. Don't know if Mckee is coming down. And, since Wade didn't run Nelson He will come in with 57 points I believe.

Just giving ya a update on ole V6. Hope to see you at Barber.

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Thanks for the update Dustin. I do miss it and I was thinking of all you guys many times over the past weekend. At this point in time, I am planning on going to Barber to cheer you guys on.

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Well I know Gripp and Webster said they may come to watch. Me thinks that we should have a Barbeque after the races Friday.

5. rus23

rus23 Misfit

gnf

If you're going I'm gonna do my best to get down there.

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Count us in for this! Not sure of the schedule tho; is the endurance Fri and the vintage Thursday?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No - Vintage Friday. So far that's the plan....

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Well, it seems like the feeling intensity in my left leg is stronger and for some odd reason my right foot feels like it is on fire. I'm told that is nerve related too. So, maybe more nerves are coming on line. I still can't move anything and it's damn frustrating to be looking at my feet, telling just the toes to move and they don't listen. Maybe one day...........

And yes, having the vintage stuff on Friday is a bonus and will make it easier for me to plan that date to be there.

9. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

one day....
    be patient

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Vintage Friday would be awesome!

And Joe has anyone said if that is normal (the bad way) or might you be having some actual feeling that could get better as your body heals (the good way).

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Joe, we're all still lifting you up in our prayers/thoughts/vibes at the MH household. We think about you all the time.:)

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I got the impression from the therapists that the feeling I've gotten back is a big positive and that people confined to their chair don't typically get it. Then again, I met one guy who regained movement in his legs but only with certain muscles. The muscles he got back allowed him to operate and shift a manual drive car yet he couldn't walk. So, everybody is different and each case is different.

On 9/12 I go see one of the best neurosurgeons in SC. I'm getting a full array of x-rays done again and once I talk to him I'll have a better idea of my status.

On another note, I had a vivid dream last night in which I was walking around like it was normal. I can't remember if it was a flashback dream or future state but it felt very real.

So, I still need your prayers and support as I still have a long ways to go.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Still thinking about you Joe. Positive vibes sent.:up:

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep see that's the answers I was looking for. Hopefully with prayers and good vibes we can get ya back on your feet.

15. promod

promod Well-Known Member

way to go joe-joe,,we are still pulling for you ,,looks like your gaining on it:clap:

16. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Every day Joe, every day.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Bump for good thoughts.:)

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Many updates today. The last few days have been rough due to a bad reaction to an antibiotic that was supposed to fight off yet another UTI. The new med seems better already.

I did receive a call from the neurosurgeon yesterday saying they could get me in first thing this morning. We opted for this since it is a full week early. Up at 5:00 AM to get ready. After many x-rays the doc determined the healing to the bones was good, alignment was maintained and I could remove the brace. Of course I asked for his opinion regarding my spine and regaining movement. While he didn't rule out the possibility, he also didn't seem optimistic much like the neurosurgeon in Savannah. I'm now waiting on a call back to line up the next round of out-patient physical therapy though.

Once that visit was done we were off to the wound center for another round of treatment to the pressure ulcer I got while at Shepard. If I don't see marked improvement in the next week I'm going to have surgery via skin graft instead of using this wound vacuum device. I've been using the vac for 3 weeks now and progress is too damn slow.

Finally, last visit was to my PCP for blood level checks. This was an easy visit and based on the results my blood thinner should be reduced.

All these visits wiped me out and my back and neck are really sore due to not having the brace on. But, I also don't feel like a freak now (less anyways). When you roll around in a chair and have the brace on I could tell people passing me by were thinking "Damn, I wonder what happened to him." With just the chair, not so much.

I can't thank Lisa enough for helping me through this and carting me all over creation. She didn't ask for this but she has been golden.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

One day at a time, Brother. Prayer sent

20. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

sending positive thoughts