1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for Shaun Harris

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I don't even remember the thread, but it was like a repeat of Morris. I hated to be too much of an ass but thankfully he is still alive, and somewhat well. Whenever I see this thread I fear the worst.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I can't think of a single time it's been bumped in the last few years that I didn't think it was going to be bad news. I don't even know why. Maybe subconsciously, I expect a new thread if a miracle happens.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Shaun's fate was an unavoidable consequence of who he was. Nobody here could have changed anything. That Shaun is gone now, and won't be coming back.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The dude is alive and has a wife that has stayed with him through extremely trying times. He has his miracle.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    Montoya, SpeedyE, cav115 and 6 others like this.
  5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Shaun & Alan Kempster, two crazy fooks that wouldn't take no for an answer.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And a man can be selfish...

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yes, she is. A very strong angel.
    Shaun is damn lucky to have her.

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Steeltoe, IrocRob, cpettit and 8 others like this.
  9. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Awesome, I am going to try to get there just to hear it run.

BigBird likes this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I raced at Daytona when John came over and kicked ass... I was new(well just got my pro card so three years racing) and had no idea how cool it was or how bad ass his story was, really cool.

11. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

I was good friends with Goodfellows mechanic and was around that thing the whole week and never even took a picture...hindsight

27 likes this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I remember people fawning over it and photo shoots with John and umbrella girls and I think it was the Michelin crew too. I didn’t realize it was built by him or any of the story then. I think the Harley’s were pretty new too as lots of hoopla about the VR1000 too.

I’d just got my pro card, it was my first time at Daytona and on a 750, slicks, reverse shift, you name it all wet behind you he ears... and I ate shit in the dogleg broke ribs, still Qualified and raced the 200... damn to have my youth back...

long path/road likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Were you still racing them Mike?
    I know you have many miles on the high banks...

14. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Only thing I really remember were the antics trying to get it through sound check.Of course I cant even remember how I did in the 200 that year either...or even what year it was

27 likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You deserve a beating for that. :Poke::D

16. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

1st was '85,last attempt was 05

Boman Forklift, BigBird and 27 like this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

We rode a few 200s together then, cool.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

If any of you get a chance, introduce yourself to Bob Robbins the owner of this one. He is an absolute treasure of an enthusiast in our sport. I’ve spent a fair amount of time with him when he supported racers from the Northeast that we also put on our bikes. He’s just a great guy that makes you know why we love our sport and the people in it.

TurboBlew, BigBird and long path/road like this.
  20. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

My 1st race weekend I was doing it solo and didn't know jackshit except I had a license from Penquin and a sandwich from WaWa.
    Mr. Robbins took time to walk over from his pit and check in on me.
    No idea whom he was at the time but it was a nice gesture from a cool guy.

RRP and 27 like this.