1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for Shaun Harris

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 22, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

This was from May 31..via kiwibiker

SpeedyE, Shenanigans and stk0308 like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:( Thanks.....was wishfully hoping for more.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was thinking about Shaun yesterday. He'd be amazed at this year's TT. Stay positive.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

He'd wouldve been in this years TT, no?

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. No.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Thanx for the update. Thoughts and prayers stream for him here.

I was just thinking about Shawn yesterday....while scrolling thru the FBabSr thread .....tilting my head skyward in an inqisitive manner....and wondered.....

WWSHD (or say)?

I gar-un-tee the entertainment value, as well as the moral value would be high

Shenanigans, flyboy and SpeedyE like this.
  7. caferace

caferace No.

8. Completely gutted.

Christian157 likes this.
  9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Damn. Just damn.

Still sending prayers\vibes\thoughts.

BigBird likes this.
  10. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Damnit! Come on Shaun you got this!

11. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

We need you posting here again, Shaun!

12. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Prayers sent, but I'm imagining what Shaun would post here in reply to this thread about Dr's telling him he won't do something some day. It's just not in his nature to stop.

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Wiki P

DAI is difficult to detect since it does not show up well on CT scans or with other macroscopic imaging techniques, though it shows up microscopically.

Unlike brain trauma that occurs due to direct impact and deformation of the brain, DAI is the result of traumatic shearing forces that occur when the head is rapidly accelerated or decelerated, as may occur in auto accidents, falls, and assaults.[5] It usually results from rotational forces or severe deceleration. Vehicle accidents are the most frequent cause of DAI; it can also occur as the result of child abuse[6] such as in shaken baby syndrome.[7]

The major cause of damage in DAI is the disruption of axons, the neural processes that allow one neuron to communicate with another. Tracts of axons, which appear white due to myelination, are referred to as white matter. Acceleration causes shearing injury: damage inflicted as tissue slides over other tissue. When the brain is accelerated, parts of differing densities and distances from the axis of rotation slide over each other, stretching axons that traverse junctions between areas of different density, especially at junctions between white and grey matter.[2] Two thirds of DAI lesions occur in areas where grey and white matter meet.[2]

DAI currently lacks a specific treatment beyond what is done for any type of head injury, including stabilizing the patient and trying to limit increases in intracranial pressure (ICP).

cajun636 likes this.
  14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Tough news for sure, hoping for the best for Shaun and his family.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I don't believe that. His will has been proven to be odds defying. Thoughts and prayers still coming for you and your loved ones Kiwi.

BigBird likes this.
  16. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

As someone else said, damn, just damn. We're still pulling for you bud and praying for you! Let's get cracking!

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

TBI's are like SCI's. Each one is different and you never know if, what, or when you will get something back. But, there is no timeline just like with my injury and one day the fog could lift and he could be much better.

I never talked about it, but I also had an internal head injury in my crash. For the first 5 months I could tell something wasn't right but tried to hide it since I wanted to go back to work. I couldn't read and comprehend it. Then, on a Wednesday morning in mid October I woke up and could tell my brain was different. Just like that. It was really weird.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He never used the whole thing anyway, it'll make new roads for him and he'll be back to "normal" eventually.

R Acree and Sabre699 like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've known a lot of riders with the same thing. They know something is not quite right but not sure what - usually extreme emotional reactions to things occur as well. If you know them you can tell easily. Then yeah, one day the switch gets flipped and back to normal. Kind of scary and cool all at the same time.

50Joe likes this.
  20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I think I got back most everything in my head but my memory isn't quite as good as before. Not sure if that is simply getting older though. :)