1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tom - seriously - shut up. You're doing nothing but starting shit over everything and it's getting my attention. You don't want my attention.

Rising Sun and YamahaRick like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There was still plenty of room - just not where there is power. We never have anyone use the top tier where the Concours was so that's not an issue. We can and have opened the skid pad if needed but it usually isn't.

I'm going to guess as always this was as much if not more about finding space with power than finding space...

3. roaring toyz

roaring toyz Well-Known Member

Again I apologize sincerely and recognize moving your trailer was not correct. I really didnt intend to piss you off, ruin your weekend, week and more it seems. I really figured there was plenty of room there and we would all fit just fine. Its not like I came in and unplugged power and crammed you into a tight space. 5 more people would have been pitted there at a larger event. I tried to apologize, speak and work with you. Thank you Greg for posting the pic showing there was more than enough room for everyone to be comfortable!!
    BUUUTTT since you named this post "Pit Etiquette"
    Lets discuss that for a moment. Did you really need 3 lanes 80" long for a 3 rail trailer and a 10x10 pop up tent? Is coming in early and parking sideways across a HUGE area Pit Etiquette? Am I the only one here who is "entitled"? Lets say my set up is 5 times larger so if I travel in a couple days early to grab a premium spot and park my rig sideways taking up 3-4 times more space than I really need is that first come first serve and proper Pit Etiquette?
    I am not saying my action is correct but I also feel we can all work together to share space and be the "family" you mention earlier.

backbone, Jon Wilkens and MELK-MAN like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tower side or hill side of the second tier?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait - so all of you were right across from the tower?

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Steven

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Tower

8. upload_2019-7-3_10-43-41.png

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yep... here's one of the 5 or so handicapped parking spots in question between Steven and I :) :) :) .. none of which were blocked at all during the weekend.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - I can fix this for the future - those are no longer paddock spots for anyone. The handicap spots are for handicapped parking for the tower and paddock anyway, not for pitting in. I've been nice letting people use the area but I'm over it. It'll be officials only so they have access to where they are working.

Melka - what the hell man, your pit was in the damn parking lot not in the paddock.

You can't put a rig in there perpendicular to the bushes, there isn't room, so they have to go long ways. Not a huge deal as they don't take up any more paddock real estate than going nose/tail in on the other side of the road. Just seems like it because you can put alot of pickups in there but it's the same square footage either way. Also no power on that side so most people won't use it.

So there we go all, pit etiquette is sorted. None of you gets to be special and park across from the tower. Which works for me as the shit was getting silly anyway. No I do not care if you've done it before. No you cannot park in front of the winners circle either. You can go on the T1 side of the tower no problem. Nice and flat, power on pit wall.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why in the world would you pit in the tower parking lot? Seriously man, you're not that special and you don't need to be right by the tower for anything. Y'all kill me some days :crackup:

12. This is why we can’t have nice things :(

Pixelator, MachineR1, ToofPic and 2 others like this.
  13. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

:crackup: Thread backfire.

14. MELK-MAN

love that area ! :) :) but prefer to the side by pit out.. but that was reserved for Heather's wedding...

FYI, i didn't block any parking spots. All the spots were used in front of me in front of the tower all weekend, and we had plenty of room to get in and out in front of the vehicles heading to pit out and didn't ride between any cars. Where i parked, against the dirt berm, there were no parking lines..
    It's a sweet parking area, none of the officials or track workers complained, in fact a few of em came over to ask for water bottles which we gave away to them...but no worries. won't park there.

great spot:
    1) close to bathroom .. yes, you can be kinda close on other levels, "but wait, there's more" :)
    2) can easily view pit out to see if the guys are heading out on track
    3) pit in fast
    4) can walk to riders meeting
    5) don't have to push a bike up the friggin hill if it has an issue :)
    6) as Steven said, if ya have a significant other and/or kids, they can get up to the viewing floor with AC

15. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok seeing as this applies to you im going to answer you.
    No i dont need lots of room.
    And actually dont take up much room.
    And if Chuck or melka would have said hey i have a buddy who needs space for his rig and can he park it here next to you i would have said no problem at all.
    I had friends coming in who have a 2 month old son too.
    If you would have parked your rig between me and Chuck and ask me to move over for more space id say no problem and i have many times.
    I know how i rate when it comes to racing and my setup.
    See i talked all this over with people around me before i parked my stuff.
    My main issue is i could be in jail and kicked out of Wera for defending what belongs to me because you somehow thought it would be ok to move my stuff to accommodate your setup.
    None of us where willing to cover the handicap parking. NONE!
    Yet there i was because you had to drag my trailer over.
    You even kinked the cable i ran through the wheels so it wouldn't roll in case of a storm.
    You can apologize all you like and justify it any way that works in your head.
    You can even say im.old and slow and anything to insult me personally.
    But what really pisses me off is you did all this at my family's expense.
    For that there is nothing i will forgive.
    Im going to go back to work so i can go racing and have fun.
    Tell you what you want to make this right?
    Send 500$ to the Air Fence fund and post it up here.
    We need more fence to keep people safe and thats a better way to help racers stay safe.
    I posted so that in the future people wont be inclined to do this to others and that its not right.
    Later.

Steven

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah that's all great and why everyone want to park in the parking lot - but it is NOT the race paddock.

Not sure what happened to the lines but last I looked there were parking spots lined off all the way along the hillside from the handicapped stuff to well past the stairs...

As I said, you guys can go T1 side of the tower or the other side of the center road.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

We didn't cover handicapped parking.
    I was forced over in front of the far left from tower by my trailer and pit space being moved over.
    I came to track with my trailer 5 inches from his rig.
    My trailer was turned at an angle in 2 parking spots between the lines and a parking space between handicapped parking.
    I can post photos of where he parked on Chuck's side.
    I had a parking spot between Chuck and me.
    But the fact is i got space because i got there and had it occupied.
    We all didn't and wouldn't take up handicapped parking.
    Thanks

Steven

18. MELK-MAN

Chuck Ivey is not gonna be pleased to hear his fav spot is now off limits... bummer. I think this is a sweet spot too, and if no parking spots are blocked?? and people can work it out like adults if space with power is limited?? .. But the dude abides..
    As Steven said. No handicapped spots were blocked by racers or race stuff all weekend.

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

SpeedyTide, TLR67, rcarson15 and 3 others like this.