1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

et·i·quette
    [ˈedəkət, ˈedəˌket]
    NOUN
    1. the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group.
      "the rules of etiquette are changing" ·
      protocol · polite behavior · good manners · manners · acceptable behavior · accepted behavior · proper behavior · code of behavior · rules of conduct/behavior ·
      [more]
    Ok for those who seem to not know the definition I'm posting it here.
    For all those at Barber this last weekend id like to apologize for the disruption of your standing in line waiting for registration to open on Saturday.
    For those who didn't actually hear what I said or what my issue was let me explain what happened.
    My wife just had our little girl 4 weeks ago and I wanted to make sure she was close to bathrooms and AC in tower due to healing and young baby. My 3.5 yr old son also came with us, along with friends who had a young infant as well.
    We left at 3:30 AM on Friday from Houston TX so we could make it to track to secure a place close to the faciality's.
    Had 2 other guys wanting space where I was looking and we all had a chat and they gave me the space for my small 3 rail trailer next to the handicap spots.
    None of us wanted to pit in them as people may need them.
    Now comes the issue.
    After I ran a cable lock through my wheels to make sure it didn't roll away if we had a storm come through as had been known to happen. I roll in the next morning at 6:45 to find my trailer with bikes on it had been dragged over and a nice big toy hauler sitting in my spot.
    For those who where in line they got to see just how pissed and disrespected I was and felt.
    I've been Racing with WERA for 29 yrs this yr and have NEVER ever had anyone mess with my stuff, much less feel like they had the right to move me out of my pit spot.
    As I write this I'm still pissed that some selfish prick can take what was not his and had no right to take.
    This person felt like he not only had the right but thought it was ok to touch another person property because his rig was bigger and he wanted someone else's space.
    Honestly I cant put how I feel about this.
    What's sad is this guy comes over to tell me he is sorry.
    I noticed he didn't move his rig out of my pit space.
    I noticed a few other things didn't happen either.
    I feel sorry because people like this guy are racing with what I feel is a great family organization and guys.
    I can sit here and write a novel about just how wrong and disrespected I feel about all this but I wont bore everyone.
    I just want people to know what kind of person we have showing up to race with us.
    I hope everyone had a great time at Barber.

Steven Isenhower #52

Hello all I am Jennifer, Steven's wife. We planned this trip for a while even though I just had our daughter this was one of the few races I would get to attend because of my work schedule. So being sore and having a hard recovery and wanting to keep our daughter out of the heat as much as possible, we choose to leave earlier to ensure a good spot to accommodate our current needs. We even talked with a wonderful WERA worker who told us to park where we did and had a great group of people to work with us as well to make it work, I personally thank those individuals from the bottom of my heart. So to come in the next day to see that our things were moved and drug out of the way for a big rig was beyond wrong and messed up. Note we only had 2 small parking spots where our small trailer was. Anyway, Steven honestly handled the situation extremely well for being as pissed as he rightfully was and is. What I don't seem to understand is how a business or organization can sit back and let people disrespect someone else and to mess with someone else's belongings baffles me. Something should have been done. And no one can say that none of the WERA workers knew what was going on because when he went up to that line to talk with said individual I witnessed many turn their backs or sit and watch the situation from afar. Now I am going to school for management as well as working in a management role of a business so this is ridiculous to me. I cannot wrap my head around them doing nothing. This just lets people know they can get away with this behavior and or worse. If someone is aloud to move someone's things whos to say they wont eventually tamper with it as well, now I am not saying this person would but hopefully you get the drift. This just shines a whole new light for me and makes me sad honestly that this is what is acceptable. Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend though.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn that sucks... was it the rig on the second level taking up 14 spots parking long ways with the trailer attached? I couldn’t believe they were allowed to park there like that. If you don’t know how to back a trailer in just ask for help..the trailer was attached..as far as moving anyone’s shit that’s just wrong on all levels.. especially if your just taking up one spot like your supposed to.

3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I’m in.... Of course we all want to know who Mr Dickhead is!

4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Yeah, that super sucks. :( If Mongo was there that would have never been allowed to happen. :mad:

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I really can’t understand the ignorance of some people. Why they felt that they were better than you is beyond comprehension. To put the cherry on top the people running the event didn’t feel the need to have them move. I’ve been in charge of a few things in my life that required dealing with all kinds of people and problems. And I know at times there’s not enough people to go around to handle every situation. BUT this could have been handled. Maybe not catching it in progress but the next day with the tire skid mark across the parking lot ,yeah I would have had the guy move and tossed him from the event if he offered any static. Really bummed you were treated this way and when I hear stuff like this I applaud people like you that don’t shoot a MFer .

K51000 likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Definitely not cool.

Wow, Steve can write in paragraphs.:D

7. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Call me an asshole but there would have been a toy hauler with 4 flat tires on it mysteriously.

Pixelator, DrA5, K51000 and 6 others like this.
  8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You’re an asshole...that being said, every tire would have been mysteriously flat if it would have happened to me

OldGuyOnBlu and Bruce like this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Idk... but in on page 1....

:timeforabeer:

11. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

First come first serve when it comes to getting a spot in the pits (unless it's all done ahead of time). Totally unacceptable to move anothers stuff without permission...let alone drag it locked up just so you can park your shit. I'd be pissed too.

So out the guy...it's well deserved.

12. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Not one mention of a 3 foot screwdriver? I got your back, Steve.

5axis likes this.
  13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I don't understand, what was his reasoning? If he said sorry he knew he did something wrong, what's the excuse? And did he move it or stay there next to you?

Pixelator and Rising Sun like this.
  14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Ya know trailer wheel boot locks works wonders in cases like that. Better yet if track security would had been contacted and then told the guy to pack up and leave for moving someone elses stuff so they can park there would had been hilarious.

But please out the guy here so everyone knows who he is.

And for the asshats who feel the need to park their extra long trailers and rv's LENGTHWISE, well you're a fuckhead. Its one thing to do it out "in the boondocks", its another to do it where most people pit. Have a few here do that. 3-4 of them take up space that we used to get 10-12 or so racers pitted.

15. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

You know why people are assholes? Because other people let them get away with it! Seems like he got away with it this time too. His actions won’t change until he runs into the wrong guy/s.

rk97, DrA5, pfhenry and 4 others like this.
  16. roaring toyz

roaring toyz Well-Known Member

Im the $^&$^%*er I guess. I got in at Midnight Friday and drove around the paddock a few times looking for spaces. As mentioned above there were several rigs sideways or trailers set up taking three-4 lanes up throughout the pit not leaving a clean space to back into with a large rig. On the bottom was a nice couple lanes wide open with easy access to back my big trailer into except there was a 3 rail trailer about a foot into one of the lanes. I figure I could squeeze in there and being midnight, tired from driving up from Florida and tired of driving around the paddock looking for a spot we moved the trailer over a foot. In my opinion there was plenty of room left and we all made it through the weekend just fine. I attempted to apologize and explain myself. Maybe we need parking police like we have during AHRMA and MA to keep the spaces tight and not need to take up several large spots for a 10x10 and a truck IDK

swiest152, MELK-MAN and smooth like this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I swear I counted how many spots it took up.... at least 14..If your a Vendor that’s one thing.. if your there racing have respect for other people.. Like Op coming in late.. makes sense now..

No Brakes likes this.
  18. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

This won't go well for you.

Someone pass the popcorn.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Go get us some Pizza!

Shenanigans likes this.