1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Why do you guys not say who the riders are?

Rising Sun likes this.
  2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yeah .. Maybe and maybe damage to wheels. Wheels don’t turn with a cable ran through them .
    And why the F@ck do you always try and defend stupid shit ?

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

You have to take everything Steven says with a grain of salt because you should all know by now that he overreacts to everything and is very emotional.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

totally agree.. moronic move no matter who it is to park like that. Why didn't someone associated with the track or WERA tell them this ?? I parked at pit it last year. I arrived early, wanted to pit there again. Was told "nope, this is where awards will be done" . I'm fine with that, park across from the building out of the way. Sure enough, that entire area fills up with guys that came in after wera officials left :crackup::crackup:

TLR67 likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Nahh.. it’s more gratifying shitting in his RV while he is on track...:crackup:

6. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Flat spotted or not, the bottom line is if someone is responsible enough to show up early and secure a spot, then you roll in late, you DON'T TOUCH THEIR SHIT to make room for your late ass. :rolleyes:

As to your "no harm, no foul" comment, you're saying it's OK for someone who rolls in late to move someone else's stuff who got there early and already secured their spot, to make room for themselves? Obviously there was a foul and there was harm or this thread wouldn't exist. Get a fucking clue dude. Go ride some dirtbikes.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Pixelator likes this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol I used to bring my big rig to WERA events. I’d get there super early to make sure I had room to park longways.

The difference is that I parked several other smaller rigs within my footprint and shared the top of my trailer. Hell I think one event maybe GNF or Vintage fest we had like 13 bikes in 1 spot:

Moral to the story, work together. If you have a rig requiring lots of room, share the space.

Pixelator, Jon Wilkens, G 97 and 6 others like this.
  8. MELK-MAN

why the fuck don't you actually make a post where you know some facts ?? Bob is about 6'4" and so is the buddy that came with him. They picked it up and likely moved it without any damage at all. And ya really need to learn about reading comprehension... i've stated a number of times "it's not cool" to move stuff. But this is being blown WAY out of proportion, and the calling for VIOLENCE AND VANDALISM by idiots who's lives are so miserable this is all they hope for each day... is pathetic. There is more than one side to each and every situation. Many side with the pitchfork and hanging crowd way to early on this site.

9. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

A paddock full of uppercuts with a 3 ft. screwdriver!!!! :crackup:

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Not my circus or my business... no clue. just expressing my view... maybe they will stumble on this thread and realize how dumb they were.. Positive outlook here! However if I see it done again I will definitely speak up or block them in and stay late Sunday.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Exactly,peo people park long ways all the time, you just have to let others park with you and make it work.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Now when i talked to you and Chuck about pitting there you where kind enough to make sure you had cable so your rig could park where you did.
    Now if i had showed up and he was in between me and Chuck .
    All he would have had to do was come over and say hey i could use some space and would i please move over a little.
    I would have been happy to move over.
    As ive stated before im a lifetime Wera member and now i race vintage.
    Now i travel light and on a budget so i can do this.
    I drove 11 hours with a 4 week old baby and my 3.5 yr old son and because my wife wanted to come as she wouldn't be able till GNF.
    I worked with everyone when we where sorting out pit space.
    I normally park up high as to not take up space down on bottom for people with bigger rigs and pits.
    I dont need lots if room and even said so.
    I wasn't even looking for power and just needed power to run my fan for my family and wanted to be close to bathrooms and AC in tower for them so she wouldn't have to go up and down with infant.
    You and Chuck where kind enough to let me plug in power when my generator my buddy loaned me didn't work right to power my fan.
    Ive never judge a person who races on how fast they are or how many wins or losses or they equipment .
    I know to many world champs to be impressed by that.
    I judge a person for their actions.
    Now what would of happened if id rolled up on him after i called him out in registration line?
    Then i would be no better than him.
    Trust me the only thing that stopped me was because i love my family more and racing too much to jeopardize any of that.
    Now people may handle this differently and thats their choice.
    I do not want people to destroy other people's property or hurt anyone.
    Im still pissed because i basically was bullied out of a spot i claimed for me and my family.
    Then given an excuse to justify it.
    So instead of spending the weekend in jail i tried to make the best and i made him famous in front of 90% of the racers.
    And i posted this thread.
    I want people to know what he did was WRONG and nothing and no excuse will justify what he did.
    I will have to settle with this and move on.
    But i want everyone to know that common courtesy should be shown at races and in pits.
    Everyone pays their money to race and we are all equal.
    My advice is you have a big rig you better leave early so you can find a spot suitable for it.
    Best of luck at the races and will be at tally and RA the GNF and at GNF i will be parked with my buddy who has a big black 18 wheeler who as always makes plans to have a place to park it ahead of time.
    Thanks for support.
    Me and family appreciate it.

Steven Isenhower

Pixelator, Laz, JBall and 1 other person like this.
  13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Well maybe because that’s the first time that was mentioned . It was stated that the trailer was dragged in an earlier post . But that’s your famous deflection in Action . Why did they feel entitled to lay hands on it in the first place

Mot Okstef likes this.
  14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

There are handicap parking there and none of us wanted to park in them.
    Thats why.
    And i was given permission to do exactly that by Wera and i voiced that i didn't want to do that as i have friends in wheelchairs.
    Hope that clears that question up.

Steven

dobr24 and TLR67 like this.
  15. Sure do. You show up and take it in the other direction :Poke:

YamRZ350, stk0308 and motoracer1100 like this.
  16. MELK-MAN

it was great meeting you this weekend. I arrived Saturday morning and my guys knew something was up as you were pretty agitated and it sucked the 110v outlet on my power pole didn't work that i offered you.
    You don't need to explain why you parked where you did (needing to be close to bathrooms and AC upstairs of building for the wife and kids).. It's your spot..
    And myself and (some) others are all good with you making people aware it's NOT COOL to move your stuff, or anyones stuff. I didn't post a thing in this thread till some idiot said Bob better not show up at another race without a lot of spare tires... vandalizing personal property is crossing the line, and i'm sure you agree.
    So... are ya gonna put that $75 coupon toward some tire warmers? :) those tires on your bike will simply not know how to react :crackup:Hope to see ya at another event.

17. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Where is the harm? Like besides feelings? If something was damaged then that’s harm. I agree touching someone’s stuff is wrong. But as for the feelings afterwards; sometimes calling foul is more trouble than the initial foul. Like Robby Bobby said a simple talk post emotions and it’s gonna usually right itself. Seems like that’s happening here now.

And I do ride dirt bikes now, thank you.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I wasn't there, but I will say that Bob is a good guy, he is generous to a fault around the paddock, will give you parts off of his bike so you can make your race, and is a good soul who has been racing motorcycles and helping others do the same for probably as long as Steven has.

It's too bad this is getting blown up by a bunch of people who weren't there and don't know either of the parties involved. I swear, sometimes this place can be worse than a 13 year old girl's instagram. You guys are just dying for the latest outrage so you can pile on from behind your keyboards.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeah, like out on to 20, and put finger smudges on all of his visors!

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I need pictures before I start stressing about moving a trailer a few feet...

CR750, Rising Sun and Knotcher like this.