1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

patriotic photo of our troops in action

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Razor Shines, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

In the immortal words of Max McAlister: "Vive La France!!!!!"

and in my best wicked witch of the west voice: "later greesy boy - I've got a bottle of Bordeaux to drink!!!"

Bye for now!!!:p :p :p

2. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Clinton being corrupt or not has to do with gotten along with the little sand box of horrors.. Corrupt would imply that he profitted from it. Nevermind..

Here is my opinion, and it's just that, my opinion. I still believe that we did the right thing by going to war with that Madman. The only real thing I see we did wrong was wait too long. Yep, we shoulda done it with Bush Sr. but even this time all the screwing around we did trying to appease France and the UN just gave him time to hid anything he might have had. It obviously gave him time to pick some dandy hiding spots!

HOWEVER, no matter how just the cause is, the President CAN NOT lie to the people or Congress. He can not and should not skew numbers, generate falsehoods, lies, whatever. No, he doesn't (and SHOULDN'T) tell us everything (Congress he probably should, at least a sub-commitee or something) but he CAN NOT out and out lie. If a President is caught lying to send us into war, he probably should be impeach, no matter how just the cause. I'm sure that most of them do (and maybe there are good reasons), but when it comes to generating support for a war, that's bullshit.

Keep in mind, that is my opinion...

3. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

I don't know of any credible information that was presented linking Iraq to Al Queda. So I based my support for the invasion on Iraqi WMDs posing an immediate threat to other countries. Unfortunately the WMDs don't seem to exist.

Your willingness to overlook 'fudging' the numbers and facts seems to imply you think the USA should be allowed to bypass international law and attack any nation it accuses of terrorism, now or in the future, all without providing proper proof.

I think most people in the world would disagree with you.

4. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

You forget something my Canadian friend. At this point in history, the United States holds most of the good cards in the deck.

The rest of the world should be grateful we do not feel like adding a few more states to the union.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:rolleyes: canadians.

6. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

nice to know the young republicans are encircling the wagons....

WERA176...said the magic word impeachment.... I think the dems are waiting for Bu$h to bury himself...

Can somebody explain why we invaded IRAQ??

Can't use the following:
    WMD
    links to Al-Queada

7. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Not gonna happen. Both in the wording of what he said, and the fact that this is all just semantics (if Saddam had the means to get ahold of Atomic materials he would have, everyone knows that). It is legal enough that the whole "impeachment" idea is just wishful thinking on the part of all of you still pissed that Bush "won" the presidency, and it is just political chaff that Democrats are throwing in the faces of those who are stupid enough to believe it.

As to why?
    To remove the major bottleneck to finding a lasting resolution to the Israeli Palestinian conflict?
    To attempt to bring freedom and a chance of true democracy to a people who have known nothing but barbarity and oppression?
    To "impress" upon the Syrians and Iranians the wisdom of modernizing their societies and that pursuing regional hegomony was a bad idea?
    To carve out a base for the US to use to project power in the middle east and reduce our dependance on Saudi base which are a sensitive subject to Islamic religious authorities?
    And yes your favorite... To eliminate a threat to a good 20% of the world's oil production.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2003
  8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Rodger, leave the kid alone. He obviously doesn't have enough toy soldiers or toy people to set up the scene accurately. You gotta give him a little credit, the Abrams models are pretty realistic, and the mosque must have taken quite a while to assemble. I wonder if that was from a kit or built from scratch? :confused:

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I think we should be able to. :p

and most of the people in the world can die too. :D

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

There are WMD, there have been WMD and they are being held somewhere whether it is in Iraq or Syria or somewhere else. Anyone that doesn't believe that is in denial. Who gives a shit anyway... the guy has killed many thousand of his own people. He needed to go.

Hell couldn't get rid of Clinton's sorry ass for purgery and sexual harrassment in the work place, you think you can get rid of Bush who's doing a good job.

BTW, fudging(not my words) numbers regardless of what they are, is just part of the intelligence game.

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

could someone explain to me why you would even attemp to explain this to people who obviously do not have one ounce of moral fiber in their bodies?

it seems it would be like trying to show manson what he did was wrong.

12. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

That's very sick. :rolleyes:

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:p

14. 1FST2M6

1FST2M6 Well-Known Member

Can somebody explain why we invaded IRAQ??

WE DID NOT INVADE IRAQ!

Websters dictionary-
    Invade : To enter by force in order to conquer or pillage

We -USA- are not taking anything from the Iragi people. we are reinstating the freedoms that were ripped from them more then 50 years ago.

Just as President Bush stated we went in to over throw a militant, regime.

Websters Dictionary-
    overthrow : To bring about the downfall or destruction of, especially by force or concerted action: a plot to overthrow the government.

Have you paid NO attention to news outlets other than ABC/NBC or CNN? Talk to a soldier in the field, listen to Rush, or Glenn Beck, watch it on Fox News as it happens and not a month plus later when the lame left wing has had time to conjure up some farsical tale. PAY ATTENTION and you'll realize how out of touch many of on the democratic party really are.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  15. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Let me try again to make sure I am clear: I believe that we did the right thing by invading Iraq and displacing that madman, I still believe that there were WMD in Iraq and either he has hid them in another country or they are hidden really well. Remember, they don't have to be very big. Think about it, if he didn't have said weapons, why wouldn't he let the UN inspect where ever they thought they had to? He had everything to lose, and he did... And yes, they found links to terrorists and Al-squido in Iraq. Iraq may or may not have had anything to do with 9/11, but they were harbouring terrorists, eh?

What I simply pointed out was that NO PRESIDENT should lie to justify war, especially to Congress. When we are being asked for support and to send our husbands, wives, kids, etc to possibly die, we have to be able to reasonably believe what we are being told are believed to be facts. No, we don't have to be given all the facts, but what we are fed should be true. Does anyone here really believe the President should lie to gain support to go to war?

I never said that Bush lied, we will know for sure someday I'm sure... I would have supported him without the WMD justification. To all the peace-niks, tell me if I am wrong, if a country surrenders and then goes against the terms of surrender, isn't that an act of war?

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yep. it should have happened 12 years ago.

17. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Because we can.

And did. :clap:

18. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

I copied the following from my thread in UDAY and Qusay May Be Dead Because It Works here to. Please any one of you respond in a logical manner to dispute what I have said.

You know I have said this before and I say it every time the war issue comes up.

The men that were in control of IRAQ were SADISTIC, EVIL (not our good evil but evil evil) Wastes of space.

They starved their own people, they killed small children, women, elderly etc. etc. to keep their stranglehold and build one of the largest armies in the world. They raped, tortured and stole from the citizens of Iraq. I could go on and on about the attrocities they committed.

These were not covert operations, these were not MINOR exaggerations of what happen these were wll documented policies of the regime that they were so proud of they had the newspaper that they owned write about it.

If G-Dubya Exaggerated a little on exactly what we knew, so what there was enough circumstantial evidence that they had WMD's to convince the ENTIRE US CONGRESS along with most of the rest of the world (even though they are a bunch of pansy asses) that they had them. The crimes they committed against their own people were enough to convince me.

I guess I am going to get all Machiavellian here THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS.

I wish just one time Susan Saradon and Tim Robbins would have been in one of the clubs that UDAY rolled up on. He would have taken that red headed pale skined former hottie threw her in the LIMO, Then he would have busted off a cap in Robbins head and drug his dead corpse aroun while he anal raped ole SUZIE. Then I would have liked to have heard what they had to say about the war.

I heard an interesting statistic. (Not EXACT numbers) At one point during the war it was estimated that over 1,000 civilians could have been killed (collateral damage) in a 1.5 month period. During that same time it is estimated that the regime would have killed twice that many anyway.

OH WELL GO ON BELIEVING IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE OIL, GO ON BELIEVING THAT WE ARE IMPERIALIST BASTARDS. I WILL GO ON BELIEVING THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON...UDAY AND QUSAY WILL NOT RAPE ONE MORE INNOCENT WOMAN OR KILL ONE MORE LITTLE BABY TO MAKE THEIR FATHER JOIN THE ARMY!

God Bless George Bush for having the NUTS to say F#CK YOU to all the pussies of the world that stood by while innocent people were raped and slaughtered.

19. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Rush is a Jackass!!! Fox News...what garbage....

why don't your read the washington post!!

20. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

Read up pansy and respond to my post. I don't need to listen to Rush to know you ain't got a clue!