1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, just like surgery is easy if you know what to cut and what not to cut :D

lonewrench likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A small block Chevy rebuild is only complicated for the same reason.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, everything is easy if you know how to do it.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or you're talking about it on the internet.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I said really close to the same stuff sometime ago and was told but people in this thread I'm an idiot and racing if suppose to be expensive.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nope. Even if I could have learned what to cut, I would have never had the steady hands to cut it.
    I could assemble or disassemble anything as long as the drilling had already been done. :D

8. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

It was complicated enough to train wreck half of Bradley Rays season after one of the tables was corrupted :).

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I might be saying that mostof you are focusing on the wrong point. Electronics are not going to dumb down, sorry. American racing needs to fashion itself after CEV, with Moto3 and Moto2 classes that feed into MotoGP. Fluffing up production classes in the hope that manufacturers will throw millions into racing is a miscalculation. Make racing something fans cannot resist, i.e. Moto2 and Moto3, with international riders, and fans will have interest. Add production classes if the manufacturers demand it. It's backwards right now.

spoon32 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, staples or stitches it's cool if the scar has some curves :crackup:

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Actually I was just talking about the Motec unit as used in BSB. But if you don't want to answer my question that's cool too. :dead:

12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Sorry, what was your question again? I'm not afraid to answer it.

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

He wants to know what his next move is

5axis likes this.
  14. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So anything actually new develop? I was out of country over the weekend and wasn't internetting.

16. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Nope just more ideas of how to make racing great again.

17. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Twins class!
    AP is claiming 20+ yammies!
    How many Suzuki’s ? New? Clapped out old?
    What electronics?, yet better tires..

No sponsor for me, hope I make them all again... how many races will you dirty old man actually attend? (Keyboard jockeys! !)

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I am planning a few Sportsman weekends including VMD this year... never been to that Event.. also most Triple Crown races just to invade your coffee.... just going to run WERA this year.. AHRMA plus WERA last year killed me money wise..

19. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Funny story. Friend worked at a company that did electronic braking systems. He was systems engineer for it. He had a fresh out of college engineer hired in his group, and was asking what software they use to develop their system models for different projects. "No, we don't really do that. We just sort of have a few coefficients we change until the system works well enough." The look of disappointment on the new kids face. All those hours in Mathlab and Simulink, and not actually needing to use it in the real world.

So yes, in some instances, electronics are just about putting the right numbers in.

5axis and khill like this.
  20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Fucking brutal.