1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You know the industry/sport better than I do, but I don't see the teams running MA in the 600 class = Moto2 and in Junior Cup = Moto3 having anywhere close to the funding to do that?

I think Kalex's are over 100K, not sure how much the motor lease is?

Found this on KTM's:
    KTM Factory Moto3 machines are derived from this bike, a $55,000 machine that serves as merely a starting point to go racing. Transforming this bike, with its steel trellis frame and liquid-cooled 249cc DOHC single, into a competitive package requires a host of KTM race kit parts that add another $37,000.

The team you work for, Rickdiculous could do it if they wanted to, but who would they race against?

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

agreed. any loyalty to manufacturers is silly at this point. racing is entertainment first because it absolutely depends on ppl watching. so do whats best for the entertainment. plus it really seems like the manufactures do what they want and arent loyal to the series.

im confused by "electronics are not going to dumb down". Moto2 and Moto3 electronics are a lesser spec than the new MA ECU.

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Racing has always been and will always be about guys with big egos and money doing what they want to do for fun. And by acting like this they get people to watch them. It's just like dueling with pistols in the 1700s, people liked to watch.

4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I'll be at all of them spinning wrenches and slinging the hash.

t11ravis likes this.
  5. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Like...uh...hashbrowns, or are you going rogue?:moon:

drop and r6boater like this.
  6. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Yes. Hash browns, not like hashish

TLR67 likes this.
  7. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

pro racing isnt sustainable on the egos and personal wealth of the racers themselves. thats what club racing is for. if u want the national pro environment, people need to pay to watch in some fashion through ticket sales, TV contracts, or ad revenue. the whole deal is absolutely dependent on that $$ and therefore, the fans themselves.

Scott S., turner38 and stk0308 like this.
  8. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Spot on.

9. Exactly my point, we need better racing.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

With all due respect, but we have riders who can’t get support to race a fucking R6 and we are seriously talking about we need Moto2 and 3 machines to make the racing better?

With what? 2.5 bikes on grid.....

ekraft84, MachineR1, Steeltoe and 3 others like this.
  11. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

I'm working to have a Moto2 (shaped) look-a-like ,SV650 (non clapped) on the grid in 2019, does that help?

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Absolutely!

There is proof in the pudding! There’s countless posts, comments, articles about so many racers building bikes for the twins class.

Yet has anyone seen it heard about a new team in Superbike?

ekraft84, badmoon692008 and Spang308 like this.
  13. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're doing it all wrong.

14. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You can:

1. Make suggestions for improvement.
    2. Complain.
    3. Stay home and knit a sweater.

I chose selection number 1. It's just a suggestion.

15. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Oh well...
    I'll still be a part of racing with components I've hand made on a bike that's eligible to race in an organization of the highest level in America.

Just doing my part to keep racing alive!

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I'm option 3 currently... :D

17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Is it an ugly Christmas sweater?

Kris87 likes this.
  18. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

The only flaw in your logic here is that all three tend to happen all at once.

Example: "Racing sucks for XYZ reasons, they should do ABC...." "Oh, and I'm sitting at home beebing (substituted knitting) instead of going to the races"

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    rcarson15 and lonewrench like this.
  20. k_cotter

k_cotter Well-Known Member

Herrin just made it official with the yosh ride

Newyork and track wagon like this.