1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

IDK. $14,200 in 1994. It’s a 95 MY when Cagiva still owned them prior to TPG buying them. It’s a Varese model. Evidently a fire broke out at the Bologna plant so Cagiva moved production to Varese so it’s a hand built production which is kind of neat. But for sure it’s value bottomed out long ago. I should have bought the Honda RC45 I was looking at the same time for $18,000. Those go for over $24,000 today.

418 likes this.
  2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

No mention of Graves at all.

track wagon likes this.
  4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Suzuki one bike team. Bet on it?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bet on what? Yoshimura with only one rider? Graves with a Suzuki? Only one team running Suzukis?

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Yosh Suzuki

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Yoshimura BSA.

yoshimura.jpg

8. Hoffman900

My understanding is they haven’t been involved with the Superbike for years (if ever?).

lonewrench likes this.
  9. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

There was a post on Social media of KWR testing a V4... not sure if it was for fun or actually for testing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Hoffman900

Just testing. Kyle came on here and said a dealer let him ride it. Nothing more to it.

CU mentioned in the MotoAmerica podcast last week that they are working on putting together another Superbike and are waiting on marching orders about Jake too (sounds like he’s under Suzuki factory development contract, not a Team Hammer contract). Depending on things, it could be Valentine and Jake next year on M4 / Team Hammer Superbikes.

maslov likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I wouldn't bet on that.

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What's the latest with Gagne? Anything spinning on the rumor mill?

13. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Elias made a post on instInsta alluding to being angry/upset. Not sure what, if anything, is behind that.

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I took it to mean he's pissed he didn't win the title last season and he's focusing on this one. Just kind of a series of statements starting with him ripping the number 1 off his bike first thing in testing.

I'm also probably way too buzzed and reading into this too much:crackup:

Newyork likes this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The only thing Yosh seems capable of posting is dirty bikes. Other teams are solidifying and they're still screwing around. Pony tail dude or whoever is at home office needs to get a move on.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

How crazy would it be if Herrin nerfed Toni out of a ride?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No.

lonewrench likes this.
  18. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Pro racing in the US is going to shrink to nothing in the near future. The costs are spiraling out of hand. We seem to be concerned to be a feeder series to Europe. The next great American to go overseas and win like Spies probably isn't even born yet.

Robby-Bobby, zrx12man and r6boater like this.
  19. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What crawled up your ass in the middle of a Saturday afternoon ?

Asking for a friend

track wagon and MachineR1 like this.
  20. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Nothing really , just reading this thread depresses me , look at the lack of participation at pro races . I give motoamerica credit for trying , I just don't see it going anywhere.