1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I think they need to open up tires , fuel , let you run any parts . Get more participation form aftermarket and tire companies.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and then select teams will get special tires no one else could buy at any price, $100 a gallon fuel returns, $1 Million superbikes return and shit get a lot worse.

Not just no but F@CK NO!

Dragginass, backbone, 23103a and 5 others like this.
  3. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

You could still regulate the fuel a bit , I doubt the special tire thing would make any difference as the good riders will still be good riders. when in most classes sometimes 3rd place is 30 secs back tires won't be an issue. Were not Europe , nor the UK series . We need to make our series good. What has the FIM rules done for our series? The only thing I see is declining grids.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

MotoAmerica is trying new things instead of making excuses. Can't ask for more.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

There IS a simple way to open up a series to multiple tire companies without the "secret" special tires. Shit I proposed this exact plan to the AMA in 1995, but it of course fell on deaf ears. And spec fuel is easy to monitor, so it ALL can be done but things will have to get very desperate for it to happen.

6. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

New things are great , concerts , and whatnot. The problem is you have to have large , competitive grids that will bring the crowds in.

7. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

You are correct , back in the day people made too much of an issue on special tires. For instance Dunlop made a different construction front tire for 600 kawis. It took care of chatter . It still didn't make the kawi 600 dominate, and if you wanted that so called "special tire" for your whatever other brand 600 it worked like crap on it.

8. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

What select teams would that be? in the top 2 classes how many select teams are there?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Those that agree to use brand X on their OEM high end bikes in exchange for the overnight specials.

Remember when Ducati were the only ones to get the good michelins in WSBK? Honda got them in AMA when they raced their Million dollar lease specials? The 500s in motogp?

10. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I understand what you are saying , I don't care about WSBK or MotoGp , I'm talking about now in Motoamerica.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

motoamerica is mostly fine, they just need a large sponsor who is willing to pay. Money will fix everything.

Shit will get better but not instantly and overnight.

lonewrench likes this.
  12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I sure do miss the tobacco moolah

lonewrench and TLR67 like this.
  13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Maybe cannabis moolah will be next.

14. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

A CBD is already sponsoring some moto guys. It’s on its way, just depends if sanctioning bodies will be hip to it. One of my boys that owns an Indycar team said no to a CBD company last year even though it was legal and non-marijuana, because he just assumed it was “pot” and didn’t want his family associated with it.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

This is so old news and has nothing to do with the future of MA

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What do you suggest? People were talking about going back to the past and I replied with shit that happened and would happen again.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Throwing money at it isn't going to help. Getting a crowd base that loves the racing is the key. And ALL racing (car & bike) seems to be on the big down swing now. I think we are in weird phase. Hopefully in a few years it will come out of the haze and starting growing again.

lonewrench likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A lot of it is in a down turn, yeap. Some, that they are putting on a show and making it an event are holding fine.

We are most likely never going to see the NASCAR of a few years ago but I do think there is a lot of room for "fringe" series to grow.

All it'll take is money.

stangmx13 and lonewrench like this.
  19. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I don’t believe in throwing good money at bad. Do you think if they raced at fontana, Laguna Seca, Road America, Daytona, etc they would fill the stands if they gave away tickets? Or better yet, what if they made it exclusive and sold tickets for super expensive would it draw a bigger crowd?

There are simply too many people that DGAF about motorcycles or racing to draw bigger crowds. If the zoo at RA was allowed to be stupid crazy again, and they turned the series into a party weekend would it help? Idk?

I don’t believe throwing money at it will put asses in seats. I don’t have any solutions, im not a promoter so won’t say what needs to happen like I know anything but money comes from sponsors that actually know what their marketing $ are worth and if they’re not coming in then I’m not too confident.

grasshopper likes this.
  20. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Without getting too dungeony, I do expect that stigma to wear off for most as time passes.