1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Do we have any riders or teams in the twins class yet?

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Brandon Paasch and Corey Alexander on factory Ducati 797s..

ceebus, r6boater and turner38 like this.
  3. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

For real?

4. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, read that earlier. That'd be one of a few things they need. Not Stoner in particular but a big name, still popular world stage successful rider to come in. Sykes with personality, Pedrosa or even Crazy Joe. Not some BSB cast off, someone with some "pop."

418 likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

mladin...

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's not easy to build a Duck to compete with that, either.

Picture Kyle riding CB-equipped ducks. Sure they all look good and shiny, but while Kyle's massaging social media about "the process" and "one step at a time" throughout the year, you'll have Broome off to the side playing with all the switches and fancy handlebar buttons, right before Q1. Or the A-bike will go missing, as he's in the paddock somewhere chasing down a puppy. It's a flat out bad idea. Unless you have a video game system at the track, on-site, in the trailer - to keep him occupied. :)

Honestly, switching bikes to switch bikes sounds dreamy. But to me, there better be some tangible benefits (and support) to justify tossing a whole new set of hats into the ring. It'd be my name on the line - and on most of the receipts.

418 likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

fidget spinner.jpg

:D

scottn likes this.
  11. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

:timeforabeer::p:D:crackup::crackup:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It can help but depending on your goals (like contingency money) it can be too limiting if all you're getting is a parts budget and a deal on bikes.

418 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The only problem I can see is while it wouldn't be GP level media crap it'd still be a huge amount along with all the normal attention and he seems to hate all of it.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Ideally he would be overseas rooting us on.

Just saying, you’re NOT gonna beat them on their territory. But you start getting results, and not only does ducati notice, but they reward pretty well too.

How cool for KW to get a call for a fill in ride or a test ride at a MotoGP even? Just saying

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

turbulence and stangmx13 like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t know how the word “comfortable” got into my post above.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Do you ever hear anything out of Cupertino as to why they don’t want to throw their hat into the MA ring? North American sales have be relatively strong and the have increased their market share. Bit for some reason they must not see any value in supporting racing in the States.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What are the regulatory and tax necessities for an oem to race in the USA? Could be more headache than elsewhere. Or not, I've never seen it discussed.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't see it being any different than elsewhere. Ducatis issue has always been with rules packages and/or budget. They either don't have the budget to do it or don't have a rules package where they feel they could win. Personally I'd rather see them bring out the displays and Ducati Island stuff to the MA rounds and not have a team. I think it'd be better for them and the series.

Steeltoe and stk0308 like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ducati Island, displays and test rides are gonna put more asses in the seats and wandering the paddock than a Ducati team racing the series. Not many manufacturers can claim that but they sure as shit can.

backbone, 418, G 97 and 2 others like this.