1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NY governor; ignorant or lying?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Apr 18, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Felons does not equate to race but it is sad the energy the demoncats put forth on non-citizens and criminals. Both groups hurt the lives of the poor downtrodden they claim to support.

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I did some research on this this morning. Most states automatically restore voting rights to felons upon completion of sentence/parole/probation.
    A fair number restore these rights upon release
    4 states, including NY require completion of parole.
    IIRC, 19 states require completion of parole and probation
    4 states are much harsher, requiring an individual petition to the state to restore their franchise.

So the move NY is trying to take isn't unique, it's already done in 11 other states.
    BTW: Maine and Vermont do not void the franchise for any felon. They can vote while in jail.

G 97 and sheepofblue like this.
  3. sheepofblue

Though the original argument was against the statement of they have served their sentence which is not true. Of course I also question the states wisdom in allowing felons to vote when the feds do not, though it is their right to be crazy :flag: I think even federally you can petition to get the right to vote back.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Interesting. I guess if they’ve done their time including probation, why not.
    I wonder how much pressure this puts on Federal voting statutes.
    Both Maine and Vermont are weird states anyway. :D

5. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

These:
    GENERAL GUIDELINES:
    Discussions in here will be contentious by nature but you are required to keep things civil, and show some respect for other members' personal convictions. If you're incapable of making your point without resorting to insulting others, you will be banned.

Deliberately offensive members, racist BS, homophobia and other assorted bigoted attitudes are not welcome. You have plenty of other places on the Internet to congregate with like-minded people.

Making physical threats because you are no match for the people you are attempting to argue with will also result in a ban. Furthermore, other members will not be disciplined for picking the scabs off your wounds. In fact, embarrassing you will become the national sport for the day.

Whining to the moderators is frowned upon. You are not required to participate in these discussions, you're not even invited. You are here because you choose to be, and you are free to leave any time you wish. So please make sure you have a bulletproof case before you come whining about others.

You will not be owed an explanation for a ban. You can choose to appeal at [email protected]
    Trying to get around a ban with a different screen name will only result in a longer or permanent ban.

These rules should be removed.

If you can say anything to the mods, why have these rules?

The "whining to the moderators" rules kind of contradicts the other rules, os why have them?

Just get rid of the rules, no one follows them.
    :Poke::Poke:

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or, you can leave.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:Pop: death by moderator is fascinating.

8. sheepofblue

Dead-Fish-Fail.jpg

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

You need to PM this along with making a declaration of demand including a warning that if they don’t conform you plan to take legal action. :D

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nothing like quoting and posting the rules to the people who actually wrote them. :crackup:

sheepofblue likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Give me liberty, or give me a ham and cheese sammich!

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A man of your advanced age should eat more better.

G 97 likes this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Well being that jace is one of the most racist people that post in the dungeon, I can’t say I’m surprised he’s looking for a double standard...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. sheepofblue

In my opinion the person that is most easily offended tends to be the most offensive. Kind of like the person who wants to run everyone's life yet there's is a wreck. Oh and that is not a liberal/conservative/progressive type thing as there are folks from all policy bases that are guilty of it.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Libs are in short supply, let's not run off every one we have.

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. jase

Good reply.

17. jase

Yup, takes one to know one.

The Dungeon is full of racists, so i'm just following suit.
    :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

A better analogy is "he who smellt it, delt it"......

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What a sad, sad little man.

G 97 likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

2F1C93AE-6FB6-4D22-ADD7-6D94C76524CB.jpeg

badmoon692008 likes this.