1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja ZX-25R

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Oct 23, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It wasn't built for peak power, it was alternative to N/A engines making similar power, with a much higher upside if you decide to tweak it.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You only need to get it up there once. After that, you just have to keep it there.
    Music.

pscook, Metalhead and BigBird like this.
  3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

This.

For street riding, the vast majority of the enjoyment (for me, at least) is the SENSATION, not the speed or performance.

One of the best cars I ever drove was the original Honda S2000...........not because it was terribly fast but because screaming that motor up to 9K with every shift was just about nirvana.......

Remember that 300 cc 6-cylinder bike Guy Coulon built? It sounds like 22,000 screaming orgasms, but still only makes about 60 hp.....but who cares?

https://thekneeslider.com/300cc-inl...lon-a-22000-rpm-race-engine-personal-project/

beechkingd and BigBird like this.
  4. That's the cheaper version, which is detuned for cost savings and longevity.

The R version, with the exact same motor, makes 300hp.

5. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." Just substitute bike in there.

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Are you my wife?

7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think this bike will suck ass on the street. I want it for the track only.

It will also sound like an F1 car.

BigBird likes this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Disagree. If the power doesn't come on hard and scare the living shit out of you then it's to slow.

Shocker likes this.
  9. I see that a lot, but if you think about it, it really doesn't apply to the track.

On a slow bike, you are limited (so your fun is limited) by the bike's (lack of) performance/speed. Sitting at redline going 60mph on a Grom isn't any more fun than going 60mph on a Liter bike.

So the saying should say "its more fun to go fast than to go slow". :D

CR750 likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Depends where. If it's tight enough that you can't go over 60, you will be begging for the Grom after a minute.

stk0308 likes this.
  11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

They've pushed the little bike market up to a 300, and now 400 at this point, and now they release a 250? Wtf kind of marketing is that?
    The only thing Kawi has ever done right was choose green.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Oh the poor souls that have not had the pleasure of racing a small displacement multi-cylinder................

pscook, Newsshooter, Brad and 5 others like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

My RX-8 was an amazing car as well...rev it and rev it and rev it, it went up to like 9800 or something crazy like that and it just wanted to rev more if it could. It was a glorious sounding machine along with amazing OEM handling. It was faster on a AutoX course than cars with 100-150 more HP, looking at you 350-370Z.

I really miss that car.

TL;DR revs matter

Sent from my smatrfone

14. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

That
    My FZR was a riot.
    This little 250 will likely act just like the 2cyl 250. Nothing, nothing, nothing, oh! Theres the power, i think?...

Jed, BigBird and britx303 like this.
  15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I couldn't gel with the 250 twins for racing.........vtr250 or ex250.I tried and really wanted to,but just was not happening. Im thinking the I-4 250 would be the way to go if I ever went sub-400cc again. Soooooo...............clubman legal????:D

BigBird likes this.
  16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Been telling muhfuhs both them points for years. Salute.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah,my 400 Bandit was a blast.

britx303 and rd49 like this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Doesn't qualify as a little bike, that's a mini bike. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

There's a whole lot of guys out here racing 3 cylinder 450s and having a blast.

20. I love racing anything, but I don't know how competitive I would be at 220lbs, without gear.

It would be a similar situation to racing The Grom. Racing with other full grown men was fun, the little kids, not so much. I remember racing with little Jigalov on Groms, it took me 4-5 laps to get by him, and this was with my SBK motor. Even with him on a stock motor (I assume), I could barely stay in his draft. He would pull away on the straights.

The only way I got by him was going around the outside of Charlottes and carrying that extra speed through the Museum corner. Once we exited the Museum, I had a big enough lead that he couldn't get back by me.

If there was a class full of I-4 250's, with a minimum rider weight of 200lbs, id be all over it. :D

britx303 and nlzmo400r like this.