1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja ZX-25R

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Oct 23, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm in. Green and not a 600 or 1k.

May have to give up on the 650 though. But yeah, make it and not have dealer fees that are almost the same price as the bike and we can make this work Kawasaki!

Sent from my smatrfone

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Mega cool, but it needs TC like it needs a wheelie bar.

Monsterdood and 5axis like this.
  3. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I was thinking the same thing about the V2 until I read it was a 955 and not a 650.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Something more like this that wasn't designed in 93. ZXR400.jpg

SGVRider and BigBird like this.
  5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I used to have an RVF 400, same feelings. That thing was a ridiculous amount of fun.

[​IMG]

KrooklynSV likes this.
  6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

If they can dish out 60 hp out of a two-fiddy, makes you wonder what they could have done with a four hunnert...

7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

60hp out of a street 250 seems unfathomable to me. That comes to 240hp/liter. What street legal production motorcycle has that horsepower per liter ratio from the factory?

Phl218 likes this.
  8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I want a 450 triple from the OEM’s!
    But this will do for now :)

BigBird likes this.
  9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I know someone who's built a 450 RVF to 90+, their goal was 100Hp

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

CR750 and baconologist like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

20k RPM.

[​IMG]

SGVRider and Senna like this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

H2??

stk0308 likes this.
  13. Shocker

I should have clarified in regards to naturally aspirated motors. The street legal H2 is only rated at 200hp. The H2R may make 300hp, but that is also with the help of a force inducted air pump adding volume to the motor. Also, from what I've heard, the H2R has stupid short service intervals.

I mean, nothing is stopping Kawi from putting a blower on the ZX-25R and making 60hp.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

H2 is supercharged, as far as I know.

15. :stupid:

16. But how quick does it get there?

I mean, imagine taking off and waiting for the bike to rev to 20,000rpm so you can get some yonder.

That's why I hate riding 600s on the street. I don't want to wait for/deal with the bike at 9k rpm all the time. I prefer Liter bikes.

I reckon on the track it might be ok, as long as you kept it in the 16k-20k range. But then again, at that point its like "whats the difference/point?".

What's cool about keeping a littleass bike at 16-20k, when you can get the exact same feeling/power/etc out of a bike with a larger displacement, at 10-14k?

In other words, what's the difference between riding a 250 at 20k, or a 400 at 16k...if both of them get you 50hp? I can't see a 400 being much heavier than a 250. Hell, the cheapass 250/300's they have been giving us weigh the same, or maybe more than an R6.

17. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I thought this was going to be some freakish new Frankensaki that had more than twice the motor of my ZX-12R.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    scottn and BigBird like this.
  18. Shocker

It is, which makes the 200hp rating from the factory even more pathetic since normally aspirated leader bikes are being rated higher. Still, to prove my point, even a supercharged street legal bike is only being rated at 200hp/liter.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

The same way you like buttons, I like revs :D

this looks to be a modded up version of a small bike, which may be lighter than your run of the mill 250/300/400, and may not be. it has all the stuff that you would probably pull off anyway.

The same way a 650 is heavy AF, but it still doing amazing times out there when compared to a middleweight. If this thing is faster than a 390, then well, I think there may be a market, however small here.

SGVRider and NemesisR6 like this.
  20. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Why yes pretty close. I would ride it and laugh every day. The Hardcore British guys would give me ne end of shit for beating it like I did. There is some weird satisfaction to be had from thrashing a small bore bike. I did some endurance stints on an SV and felt exactly the same. Now as far as racing something that struggles to go over 100 some people like but it is not for me.

beechkingd and BigBird like this.