1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja ZX-25R

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Oct 23, 2019.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

K51000, TurboBlew, Trent and 3 others like this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

I know the price is high...but I seriously think I will end up with one of these. Gotta reward the manufacturers who take chances like this. This thing will rip.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wait for it. :D

4. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

So close...

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Repost - whoops.

6. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Sign me the fk up for three of these!!

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

150cc’s more please!!:rock:

jonathanp and Newsshooter like this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ain't even seen it and I want it.

SGVRider and BigBird like this.
  9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

That’s a steep price at 9k+. That better be a ex400 killer at a price like that:D

motion likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I wouldn’t buy one at that price, but major kudos to Kawasaki for having the balls to release something like this. Looks like a hoot!

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

At 250cc's unless it goes "ring-ding-ding-ding-ding" when you twist the throttle, I ain't interested. Although to be fair, if its anything like this was, then maybe they've got something to work with here. 18K rpm redline I think this was. I do think the price point is too high, but it would be cool to see if this re-invigorates the other big 3 to make inline-4 250's rather than twin 250-400's.

[​IMG]

Phl218, motion and rd400racer like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, thinking that myself.

and two threads into one. :D

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

An inline-4 400 would be kick-ass. But if this could be a spearhead to unify the entry level displacement stuff for like Junior Cup and international classes that would be pretty kickass. 20,000rpm and 50hp is already better than the 300-400cc twin's are making right out of the box. With some tuning will be interesting to see what these I4 250's are capable of since I imagine they are restricted to Euro5 standards.

Senna likes this.
  15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've ridden the old CBR250rr and it's a hoot. As someone that has raced a ZXR400 for years I'd love to see a new model but this will be a very fun ride.

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yea, 250CC I4 to 600CC to 1L for WSBK makes my OCD feel way better than the mix of 300s/400s we have right now in the little bike class.

I hope they bring this to the US. Even if they have to choke it with a reduced power mode (two separate keys) and 6 cats, it would still be a pretty unique track bike.

17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Is that price correct? That's pretty much the same price as the ZX-6. With that in mind I don't think it'll be in the US if that's true.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

All pricing is speculation right now.

19. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

While I was in the military overseas I had a GSXR400. I hit red the line every day, kept it outside, thrashed it unmercifully at every opportunity. For such a high strung little motor it was amazingly resilient and stupid fun. Kind of sounded like a very loud angry mosquito when it was tacking 14500. If I was young and small I would love another one. EDIT: Oh yeah is was really quite fast sort of, it would go over a 100 pretty quick, then it would go more but there was no quick.

20. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

You mean, something like the Honda CB400SF I4 that is currently produced for Japan and other markets?