1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think Wilson is as much to blame, hell he threw it right to the DB.

2. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Lynch should have got the ball 4 times in that field position. Stupid play for sure.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

To be fair, he was simply book-ending Brady's pick on their opening drive.

4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

You don't read the defense on that play, you throw it where the receiver should be. The point is to catch the defense before they can react. The OC is to blame here.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea the coach called a bad play, but Wilson led the receiver too much and threw an interception. If he caught the ball and the Hawks won, the call would have been a badass call and everybody would be saying the coach has balls to call a play like that.

6. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I concur with this, that guy just likes to run his mouth about everything.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Knotcher-free zone for the next eight months. Has he been around since last night? Anyone got proof of life? :D

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

I actually had to turn the game off in 3Q, kiddies were not having it.

The seahawks looked like the were going to run away with the game. oh well....now I can say next year has arrived for my Giants.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I see on the Seahawk forums they're calling for the OC's[ Bevell ] head.

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I have to give that Butler guy huge credit. He anticipated what was coming and jumped the route. That ball was right in the receiver's hands and Butler snatched it away. Great play. I can't fault the play call itself, it has proven itself effective in goal line situations all year, this particular time it was overcome by a smart, quick thinking defensive player who made the big play in the big game at the big moment.

11. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Wilson didn't even mention God once in his post game. What a fraud. He goes on and on about God steering his team to wins. And now?

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

God doesn't steer losers.

13. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I wondered how Lane got hurt, yowza. That was a huge injury, Brady picked on his replacement the rest of the game.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I don' get how Brady was MVP. He threw interceptions, one that took points right away from the team. He was the scapegoat until Butler saved the day.

15. [​IMG]

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Most won't accept it, but Pete Carrolls explanation of throwing it at least once makes sense about needing to stop the clock.

17. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

So.......spike the ball. Works for everyone else.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Wilson could've spiked the ball, he had it in his hands.

19. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Yeah, as a hawks fan, it's a tough one, but his explanation makes sense.

There are two huge stats that are relevant here:

ESPN: of 109 pass attempts this year from the 1-yard line, 61% converted for TD and Russell's was the only INT all year.

The Patriots faced 6 runs from their 1 yard line this year. They allowed 5 TDs.

Neither play is a gimme, no doubt, and both plays are statistically in the hawk's favor. But I would still think that 3 attempts at a run are far more risk-averse (and based on the above stats, more probable to end in a TD).

20. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

And if they would've run it and got stopped there'd be an uproar too...
    [​IMG]