1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly if the people that use it as a clubhouse and all they do in the clubhouse is sell stuff, I don't mind losing their traffic. The rest of the information and camaraderie will be here just as it was before I made classifieds sections. The information will be here. The sources of information on any subject will be here.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not sure I can tie the other site back to this in that way but there is a most recent ads posted function on the site itself which would do the same thing.

3. matter

matter Member

4. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

no grammar nazi's yet huh....WHETHER

5. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

Matter,
    I believe I read the original site will still show the classified section as is and when you click on something it will re-direct you to the new site. If I read that right and that's the way it works I don't see why there would be less traffic as long as people are posting ads.

6. matter

matter Member

I believe he is saying the current classifieds will be eliminated as a selling tool by 3/21

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And while the ads will not be here on the board, there will be links from the board to the classifieds.

8. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

are you saying a new listing will create a new thread in the appropriate section with a link on the bbs?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, there won't be individual threads (although we're looking at some ideas on that score too). The main BBS forums will once the first 30 days are up, link to the appropriate section of the new site. So any surfing here, upon clicking a classifieds forum link, will be sent to the new site to peruse the ads there.

10. gixrdeb

gixrdeb Doesn't like to play nice

The new site sucks ass to navigate thru to the point I threw in the towel and gave up. I'm not thrilled at the pay to post but it is what it is. Too bad there wasn't a way for you to keep the classified here and charge. I know several sites that make you pay for a membership in order to even see the classifieds. I honestly think doing it that way would give you the money you're looking for and keep the popularity of the site up.

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:stupid: I already find myself trolling around more on other sites and ebay.

+1 for the old classifieds with a fee. Problem solved.

12. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Clicked on the link and it said server could not be found. Maintenance or something else?

13. Perlzuki

Perlzuki Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the new site & think it will prosper & understand the reasoning behind the change. Very low cost to be able to target a specific market. I tried to post a add & found that I could only pay through PAYPAL. Many people have had good luck with them, I have not :down: & will not use paypal again! Is there any other way for me to participate without paypal?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How are you guys having problems navigating? You can click on the main categories and see everything in it, you don't have to click each individual sub category.

15. Rusty

Rusty WERA Code Monkey

You aren't accepting payment for your item through Paypal... you're paying for your ad listing through it. So your "bad luck" using them to receive money is not an issue...

And you don't have to have a Paypal account... you can pay using your credit/debit card on the Paypal page without even signing into their site...

So... no... that's how we receive payment on the site.

16. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

+1^

I find the new site counter-intuitive. Each page has very few links on it.....so you have to scroll thru pages and pages, way more than if they were listed on the beeb...There's no way to PM? When you reply to an ad, it just drops your reply underneath the ad for all to see? SO everyone on the board gets to see the deal you are working on with a specific user. That isn't right either.

It has an awkward feel and look to it, like those generic search engines and Alibaba type crap, or redirect pages from Indonesia, supposedly helping you find the lowest price on stuff you are googling.

I race, and have spent a small fortune in the past few yrs shopping used and new stuff on this board, bought from your racers and with your site supporters (in the past month alone, nearly $2K with RD, another $1K+ from racers), but am not in the USA (or WERA) , so WTF do I know I guess.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  17. scotth

scotth Banned

Old site good. New site not look like old site. New site bad. Change bad. No like change. Want see boobies. :D

Seriously, the only problem I'm having is I keep searching for "What are you looking for?" because I hit the drop down in the upper right and then the section (make, whatever), then the magnifying glass and it gets no results (because it's searching for "What are you looking for?"). If I delete the 'What are you searching for?" and leave it blank, I get a 'whoops' error message. Is there a way to jump from an ad to the 'Ducati' section (for example) directly without going back to 'Home' first? Or can that "What are you searching for?" autofill be removed and a null search just return all results in that category you're searching?

...or is it user error like always? :eek: (Beyond the fact that I keep forgetting to delete the "What are you looking for?" fill. I mean can you jump from an ad to a different section without going through the home screen first and I haven't figured out how yet.)

Edit: nevermind. Hover over categories, hit the dropdown. I'm, uh, sure that hasn't been there for the past few days.

I went to college.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  18. faztbikez

faztbikez Well-Known Member

ihmo

As I write this I'm thinking I better be careful don't want to make the administrator mad and get booted! I traded, just recently my race bike for street here (heart surgery) and I check every day postings in the classifieds (I get my daily email) and then I jump into the forums to read what real racers post and love it, now I won't get may daily dose of dreams and if I do I won't be able to contact the seller and talk about his or her bike, check ebay I can post classifieds for free and that's the last place Ill go 2, full of scammers, I really don't think is going to work for you, I belong to a few forums and they make there money from ads or donations, what you guys need is a good sales department, why fix it if it's working, come to think I might open my own forum www.faztbikez.com :eek:

19. faztbikez

faztbikez Well-Known Member

Omrra here we come

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

See ya'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.