1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Walking Dead in T minus sixty minutes

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Oct 14, 2012.

1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

That dude ran away from Rick like Usain Bolt! :wow:

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm finding that I don't like any of them anymore...

Seems like they'd keep someone kinda "human" for us to root for... His wife annoys me, Carol has always annoyed me... The guy from Boondock Saints is entertaining, but he doesn't really have a story line (unless they ran across his brother again, which would be awesome).

Sounds like next week gets more entertaining as they finally introduce the main villain (aside from the zombies).

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know, Dart. I'm actually liking Sheriff machette to the head now. He isn't such a sissy bitch anymore.

For whatever reason, I like the two prisoners left. The Whiskey Tango with the Greg Norton mustache makes me laugh and the black dude is pretty bad ass.

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Looks like redneck Merle will be back soon, maybe in the next episode.

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Mr. Mustache reminds me of Tim Blake Nelson's character in "O Brother Where Art Thou?" - The one who says, "They loved him up and turned him into a hhhhhhhoorny toad..."

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe someone knows: Why aren't the zombies starving and "dying off?" Yeah, they're already dead but they haven't seemed to have changed much from when they were living other than turning a grayish blue and a few with their faces and hands tearing off.

They need "fuel" to keep moving and if they aren't taking in fuel, they have to be digesting themselves.

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

the show would end that is why...:D

yeah... I would think those Zombies in the jail, with no way out are either eating each other... or they just decompose much slower than you would expect.

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Ha. I thought that last night. I like S3 Rick over past seasons and I dig the Boondock Saint just because the two of them get shit done, but the rest of them are just ... meh. I'm thinking they are just setting up all of the women in the core group to be ultra womanly because when Michonne and blondie meet back up with them, they will be the more assertive women in the bunch and the contrast might be interesting.

Introducing Merle back into the mix will test Daryl and Rick's relationship, which might make for an interesting storyline, but I like the fact that those two make up team badass and I don't want it to break up the band.

Having read the graphic novels, I'm also interested to see the whole prison/Governor/Woodbury storyline unfold and see which elements of the story they keep, change and whatever new stuff they introduce.

It's one of the few shows I look forward to watching every week. I also get that it's a story about the people, and the comics were the same, but I'd also really, really like some outside info about the whole zombie thing. I was hopeful when they went to the CDC building back in S1 that they'd drop some zombie science on us (which they have avoided in the comic) but it seems like it will always be an unknown.

9. metricdevilmoto

That kind of parallels what I said in my post. It seems like they kind of turn a blind eye to the science of zombies in both the comics and the show. In both the books and the series, I thought a prison setting would be the perfect scenario to put a few of them in a cell and actually take note of things like that. Kind of a "know your enemy" kind of thing.

I also think it's interesting that, as far as I can remember, in all the comics and the TV show and the Rise Of The Governor book, they've never used the word "zombie". That is, until the new book that just came out (Road To Woodbury). Most of the time, they use "walkers" or "biters". I always wondered why.

10. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I wonder if they will expand more on your first point with the whole practice c-section thing.

And there has to be some reason for the lack of "zombie" use. They have the discussion with the inmates about everything that happened and intentionally avoid the word. It sure seems like "zombies took over" would have been a lot easier to explain. :D

11. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Excellent episode. This season is looking good so far.

12. scotth

scotth Banned

They live in an alternate universe where there were no zombie movies, books, comic books, etc. They've never heard the word 'zombie'. The author (or screenwriter) did an interview a while back.

The t.v. show sucks ass--none of those people except Daryl (Dwane?) should be alive. I usually watch the show rooting against them.

13. metricdevilmoto

Exactly. Everyone knows what a friggin' zombie is.

Like I said, I thought it was some intentional aversion to the use of the word by the writers more or less to differentiate what those things were from every other zombie movie/show/story. But in the new book, which is written by all the same people as everything else, they use the word "zombie" pretty liberally.

14. metricdevilmoto

I had read that somewhere else, but then it doesn't make sense that they'd use the word in the Road To Woodbury book. Same world and overlapping characters.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I may have to give it a shot, turned into a soap opera towards the end of season one so I gave up.

16. scotth

scotth Banned

The author realized how crap the story was anyway and finally gave in. I assume the characters invented the word 'zombie' just like we did.

Don't bother. It's still crap.

17. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

the Z-word is offensive and hurtful to some members of the undead. duh.

Post-apocalyptic PC bullsh@t. :D

and yes, the numbers confirm, the show sucks.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Be sure and skip season two. I'll expain in detail:

- They went to a farm
    - Every cries and whines and they spend 3 years looking for a little girl and the story gets so boring you begin to hope they all die
    - Zombies come and they leave

19. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

you forgot to add that Glenn bangs Maggie

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hmmmm, if you put a zombie on a treadmill. . .