1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tax Reform thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 19, 2017.

1. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Sigh, where did I blame the rich for everything that is wrong in my life? I just think everyone should pay their fair share percentage wise and you can’t come up with an argument against that,

2. SnacktimeKC

Because we have a two party system, easy to rip off a divided people.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And I think fair is everyone paying equally. It isn't realistic, but it is fair.

If one side doesn't come up with a solution, it's a bit hypocritical blasting the other side when their solution isn't better than the one the others didn't submit.

4. SnacktimeKC

While we’re at it, I want a balanced budget amendment too.

5. SnacktimeKC

Which gets back to the two party system. Let’s let the rich have everything (republicans) or let’s take a giant portion of the rich(democrats. When in reality if we all paid X percent, that would be fair.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Same percentage is less unfair, and that is unlikely to happen.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Because they already pay their fair share. When the top 1% pays 39% while the bottom 40% pay basically nothing. What you consider as fair share isn’t backed up with reality but you’re too busy with your class warfare to accept it. Brick wall.

lrrs517 likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fine with me. I’m all for the bottom 40% to start paying their fair share.

9. SnacktimeKC

You do realize in the 50’s the top bracket was 90%ish tight? You don’t think the super rich use up far more resources than the poor?

10. SnacktimeKC

Done.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t care about the super rich. They give back more and take less tax supported resources. They already pay their fair share. Just look at the governments own IRS web site it’s all there.

13. SnacktimeKC

Wait, I thought we had a deal?

It’s hilarious you actually buy into the “they give back more” mantra, let me guess youoa trickle down believer too?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  14. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s got nothing to do with trickle down. You are trying to inner twine two different subjects. But I have more faith in letting those who earned their money, keep their money and decide how to spend their money rather than giving more to an inefficient, out of control spending government.

Please explain how a family of four or a single Mom with two kids that are classified as being in poverty give back more through taxes than a family making $250,000 or more. How is this possible. (it isn’t).

According to new data from the IRS, people who make $1 million or more had an average tax rate of 20.4 percent in 2010. Tax filers who earned $30,000 to $50,000 paid an average rate of 4.8 percent, while those who made between $50,000 and $100,000 paid 7.7 percent. Those making under $30,000 had a negative effective rate, meaning they paid no federal income taxes after deductions and credits.

Put another way, millionaires pay a rate that's more than four times that of the middle class.

16. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Bottom line, we're all getting Babuskaed.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Punishing high achievers simply for being high achievers is never a good idea.

badmoon692008 and G 97 like this.
  18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Did my tax impact evaluation...guess what? No change. Ho hum. I'd love to see have a balanced budget amendment AND a flat tax so we get on with rational thinking.....never gonna happen.

StaccatoFan and G 97 like this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When you look at the percentage of the total tax intake broken down by income group, there is no way you can rationally call that fair. When someone paying little to no to receiving a check can rail against someone paying millions in taxes for not paying their fair share, you have some f#(ked up logic. The graduated rates allow the Dems to continue their class warfare strategy and the Reps to keep harping on tax cuts.

G 97 likes this.
  20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly - your assertion is that you, Bill Gates, someone working at McDonald's (essentially every American) should pay $X dollars/year in taxes regardless of income. Do I have that right?