1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tax Reform thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 19, 2017.

1. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

You'd actually pay more if you did it the way the feds want you too verses "donating".

2. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

For sure, but that will be tied up in the courts for years I imagine.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Or CA could try doing with less....never happen.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Should be pretty easy to get through the courts: "So, you can EITHER make a 'donation' OR pay that amount in taxes? Yeah, it's a tax, not deductible, next issue."

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

So the democrats are looking to create a new way around paying their fair share? Good stuff.

crashman likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, looks like there's already precedent to donate for purposes of tax exemption to particular funds managed by the state and disbursed to charitable causes.

I somehow suspect the general fund of the California government will not qualify as a charitable organization under IRS regulations.

It would be funny as hell to see this go through and California's freight payers to forgo state income tax payments in lieu of charitable contributions to true charitable organizations. :crackup:

7. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Amazing how the "no tax cuts" gang works so hard to avoid paying taxes.

R Acree likes this.
  10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

This is all just too funny, to me, the States having all these issues are the already high tax State's ..... God forbid that fix their shit....noooo.

At any rate, if anyone thinks they're going to pull one over on the Fed, they're nuts.

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yes, it's shocking that high tax states would have "issues" when the tax break (in the form of a deduction) for said high taxes is removed in a new bill. No one could've ever seen this coming.

upload_2018-1-9_18-31-37.png

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

But if it's true, those high tax states are actually revenue earners for the Fed...so you're just making them give you more. It's like a bad manager. They will work the good workers more and allow the terrible ones to do less.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Until the good workers bail and go screw up another state.

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So true, just go ask a native Oregonian....

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Fucking morons. Democrats through and through - a bunch of them having to step down due to sexual misconduct, and an overall lack of intellect.