1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tax Reform thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So, who are the largest players in the Corn for Fuel supply chain?
    (Name the Evil Corporations....)

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I ain't from out here, flatlander. :Poke:

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep Still the same. No.2 yellow field corn. Field corn is also dent corn, commercial corn or yellow corn. Then you have hybrids that have specific traits. But the short of it is that field corn used for livestock feed is the same used for ethanol although some seed companies are touting an ethanol variety, of course they are in the business of selling more of their own seed corn so.......

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Explains a lot. :)

PS Iowa isn't exactly flat.:Poke:

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I would guess Monsanto is near the top.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You've got under 1200' of elevation change across the whole state.

Shit is flat. Flatlander. :Poke:

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

No. Central Illinois is flat.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

8 miles from my where I grew up there's a 1385' rise. Half a mile from there is the fucking ocean.

Iowa is flat. :moon:

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

no idea to tell the truth. I'm sure it's the usual suspects. It still only accounts for 40% of usage.

Most I know either joined or formed a local distiller plant and of course haul their corn there while others haul there when prices warrant it but most still just haul to their local elevator or to the river. Its all over the board. So who buys and who uses the corn after deliver is a who cares. :)

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

You climb the top of a 1200' pole and jump off. Then tell me again about the meaning of not exactly flat. LOL

12. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Which still isn’t $1.00 a gallon

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Just mostly flat, especially to states that have real mountains, the the highest natural point in Iowa is 1,670 feet and the low point is 480 above sea level, so a 1200 ft change in elevation from low to high. I'm looking at the coastal range right now, I'm just a couple feet above sea level and Mt diablo about 20 miles away is just over 3800.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    G 97 likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Do I have to jump the 250 miles laterally to get that elevation change, too? :Poke:

Flat. Land. Iowa. :moon:

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

ADM, Cargill, Monsanto....

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thank God. I'm more of a DuPont Pioneer guy myself so I feel a bit of relief. :)

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I'm looking out my back window at an 8000 ft change roughly 5 miles away. A 1200 ft change over a whole state is a joke. My 15 minute drive to work has more than 1200 ft elevation change.

18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I live at 5300 and go up/down 1000 or so every day :)

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Phttt sounds flat to me.
    2017-12-25-11-00-49--90051134.jpeg

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Pretty close to my view alright.

G 97 likes this.