1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tax Reform thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

And how do you get to the price points... :)

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Star spelled backward is rats.

Motofun352 and sheepofblue like this.
  3. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

A few of you guys really need to go get laid!!

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I’d buy that for a dollar...

5. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Don't know about you, but I am often hungry after getting laid...

..Maybe you are not trying hard enough?

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Don't you think the way government is getting paid in California is ridiculous? I don't know of any other jobs with guaranteed pensions like government workers get. When I was younger, a government job was okay pay, and usually you didn't really have to work that hard, not really the job of a go-getter. Now, working for the government seems like the smart-guy option. Higher pay vs. the private sector and much better retirement. Especially with how California likes to bump them to a new higher paid position the day before they retire to get their % for retirement pay at a higher amount.

Wow...I didn't even realize it was this bad. https://californiapolicycenter.org/...make-twice-as-much-as-private-sector-workers/
    Earlier today the California Policy Center released a study that provided facts about government compensation. It examined state and local payroll data provided online by the California State Controller and proved that the average pay and benefits for a full-time state/local government employee in 2015 was $121,843.

At the same time, the study found that the average pay and benefits for a full-time private sector worker in California in 2015 was half that much, $62,475.

I'm not super versed on the subject, but if I remember correctly it got out of hand in California during the Davis era when the workers Unionized and have been getting the moon in pay and the state can't keep up with the wages, so we continue to get deeper in debt.

During the Great Recession, companies like mine dropped 60% in revenue and had to fight to stay afloat with same size staffs or slight reductions vs. going out of business. However the great Sacramento government grew substantially.

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

No argument from me Rob, I was replying to someone else, private sector was far more affected than the government/fire/police were by the recession.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

$121k to work for the government, and that's the AVERAGE?

Good lord.

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

10. In Your Corner

No. Like employees were averaged together.

Average 2015 total compensation for full-time state/local workers by category found the following:
    – Cities: public safety $171,450, miscellaneous (all other employees) $121,431.
    – Counties: public safety $170,728, miscellaneous $108,857.
    – State Agencies: public safety $137,531, miscellaneous $104,867.

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Love how at work they always used to come up with cute sayings for safety...Ours was "STAR" Stop, Think, Act, Review.........I came up with "RATS" React, Accuse, Throw blame, Stop. management didn't see the humor.....

crashman, MachineR1 and dtalbott like this.
  12. Fonda Dix

Public safety? As in cops? For $171k? I repeat...Good Lord.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I hope that estimator link posted earlier is right. I made $30k more than last year and am estimated to pay only $700 more in taxes. I'm cool with that :D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That includes the per-officer annual payout for brutality claims :D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  15. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Same guy posted this morning bitching that the new tax code closes the loophole of prepaying taxes before they have been assessed. I guess before you could pay X amount and when the tax bill actually comes out you could then pay more/get a refund. Now it seems you can only claim the deduction in the year with the tax is assessed. Convienent that he happens to own some rental properties and he won't be able to claim the tax deduction in the new plan or prepay this year to try and loophole his deduction in. This also coming from the person who claims the rich don't pay their fair share and we need to close loopholes. Loopholes get closed and you can't be that bad off if you have multiple investment properties and all of a sudden this is part of trump killing the working class.

16. Fonda Dix

Trump Derangement Syndrome manifests itself in many, many ways.

17. In Your Corner

Tell him to look at it as an opportunity to pay his fair share.`

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love that they opened one in Eastgate. Been shopping there with dad since it was a veggie stand he'd hit on the way home from Miami Valley Labs (P&G). It's definitely gone hipsterlicious but still has a great selection of stuff.

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Soooo I'm looking at the new Trump income tax structure compared to the current one (2017). I see all but the lowest and the second from the highest rates going DOWN.......what are the Never Trumper's hating on EXACTLY......just curious?

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Personally, I think that's a BS quote if they're clumping in the basic patrolman, unless it includes a shit ton of OT.........but leaning towards BS altogether.

In NNJ, that rate may be reserved/found with Police Chief's in a very affluent town. Heck the Chief in my [old] town was making more than the Police Commissioner in NYC, which is BS because his job was no where near as demanding, and that was hovering near that rate above, maybe even a little bit more.