1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tax Reform thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 19, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Rolling Stone. Yale.
    What do you think. :crackup:

Britt likes this.
  2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Better than "Bought n Paid4 Inc."

G 97 likes this.
  3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Now you're just asking our fearless leaders to use more intelligence that they have available to figure that out.
    I'm so ashamed of you. You're really putting them on the spot ya know.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I also suspect that is not true. As the economy grows we'll see more cash flow throughout the economy which will benefit just about everyone. Remember the old saying about a rising tide floats all boats.

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Ethanol, having been a replacement for MTBE was a definite positive. Even though there are promising replacements for ethanol they will be slow to reach the marketplace because of development time. We also have to add in the damage caused to farmers if we were to completely and immediately stopped using ethanol. That whole huge industry would collapse leaving some really screwed side industries also derailed. I have this idea that by the time we've found an alternative oxygenate the need for gasoline will be subsiding. We'll be looking at more and more electric and possibly hydrogen powered autos.

G 97 likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

One other thing to consider is the corn is going to be produced anyway. Farmers are still going to plant, grow, and harvest corn regardless of what it is going to be used for. Its just funny to me that some seem to think that ethanol is the corn industry. Which clearly ot is not. In any event Merry Christmas. I've got a flight to catch

Only suckers stay in Iowa over winter. :crackup:
    In conclusion I want to leave you with this. cornfields1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Dumb question. Does the tax bill take effect for when I fill my taxes in February? Also I'm ready this right, it is doubling the tax credit per child correct?

Thanks

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

No. You will have to wait year to get all that money

10. assjuice cyrus

So it will be when we file in 2019?

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Yes. Changes start January 1st 2018 but you file in 2019.

12. assjuice cyrus

Thanks!

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

In case you're in a position to see this response; The kind of corn typically raised for ethanol is yellow corn. It's more a animal feed product or a cheap corn that is used for ethanol production. Food grade corn for humans is, or has been in the past, white sweet corn or sweet yellow corn. I may be out of contact with corn for too long to know if corn production is still like it was when I was farming. It's been awhile ya know. :D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Corn ain't getting planted if there's not a lucrative market to sell it in.

You may be dumb, don't be stupid. :Poke:

15. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Milk is,and has been $1 a gal in Cincinnati for a while.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Wow... 1/2 a gallon is almost $3 here in the Atlanta area... wife says a gallon is easy $4.00

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

And it ain’t $1 in Cincinnati, more like an average of $2.74, not bad but not $1.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup:
    LOL. You might be from the Midwest but you know nothing about corn production and markets do you.
    Stick to being an electrical monkey.

20. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

stores are closed today but my local Kroger has whole milk at $1.99 gal and $1.29 1/2 gal.

That is for the service where some store employee pulls your order and delivers it to your car. Not sure if there is an upcharge. (7 miles south of Cincinnati)