1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.... New Nissan Titan w/CUMMINS DIESEL

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 20, 2013.

1. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Well I like my 2012 v6 Frontier:

13+ mpg towing my 5x8 vee enclosed race trailer, 11+ mpg with a 6x12 vee @ 73-75 mph
    Ability to haul bike and other large objects with no trailer
    4wd for bad weather days
    Cheap when bought on model year end clearance and holds resale value
    4 seats

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Something new in that article that caught my eye

How did I miss that??? Although I'm not a big fan of the Mid-Sized trucks

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally agree with you - they don't need full size. But you don't need even the mid size to tow any of that, the small truck will do it fine. A lot of cars will do it fine.

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I just want a turbo deisel engine in my FJ Cruiser. It would be the ultimate vehicle.

6. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I loved my '09 Tacoma but I needed more interior room and the 4 door version kills the bed space. My tacoma was around $5k cheaper than a tundra but got essentially the same mileage. I'm glad I upgraded to a larger vehicle even if the mileage is lower (13-15 vs 16-18).

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Shoulda got that long bed tacoma. They are a rare find but my cousin has the trd 4 door with the long bed and it's sweet. Will haul 2 bikes with the tailgate shut.

8. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a rare beast. It's probably as long as my Tundra which already a pain to park :)

9. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

Been waiting to hear this since the Tundra came out in 99.

Now if they'd just increase the towing capacity to around 22,000 lbs I'd be pre-ordering one.

:D

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  10. JohnS

JohnS Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will be the new Titan but the front end looks longer and the grill/lights are different, every thing else appears the same. FYI -There is youtube vid of it supposedly fueling up on deisal, use "Spotted: 2015 Nissan Titan Cummins 5.0-liter V8 turbo-diesel Mule" in the googles.

[​IMG]

11. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

It will be built in MS, not good any way you try and sell it, I wil pass and wait for a Toyota.

12. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Gotta jump in the ring here.

I recently purchased my first 2013 Duramax Chevy DRW. I have a 33 foot living quarters horse trailer that weighs about 18,000 loaded. I am blown away by the truck, engine, and tranny. It is absolutely awesome. Ive owned several Fords and have great luck with them too, and have hauled my trailer with a buddies 6.7 diesel dodge. They have all been nice, but I think the Chevy/GMC has the best overall package. They are all good these days IMO, and far more advanced and capable than in the 90's and early 2000's. Just figured I would throw that out there since I am far from being hardcore loyal to any brand. I haul heavy ass loads and use the trucks the way they were designed to be used. I am over the top impressed with this latest truck I have.

13. roy826ex

Extended warranty :Poke:

14. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

:stupid:

My '04 always has something quirky with it. Just had to change out the clutch slave cyl. That sucked donkey dick. Only 122k mi. Shoulda replaced it when I had to replace a broken pressure plate 3 yrs ago. Stupid GM settling for mediocre quality in their vehicles. :mad:

15. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Actually do have a b2b 100k but not sure of your intent. None of the are perfect but I think some are better than others which is a very fluid thing. I will say I've seen more 400k Chevy duramax than and of the others for whatever it's worth and these are trucks that pull heavy loads constantly.

16. ACDNate

Hey wait a min?!?!?! :D

Aren't the current Titans built here?

17. roy826ex

Yep in Canton, MS and more reason for me to never buy one.:cool:

18. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Your clutch slave only went 122k... Lets see, how many times has that thing been operated in and out? Yeah definitely mediocre quality :crackhead:

19. ACDNate

Aside from horrendous gas mileage the couple guys I know with them, seem to love them. Buddy with the dealership says they fly off the lot pretty well.

20. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

That they are. Three most 'Mercian built trucks are in this order. Ford f150 (83%) Toyota tundra (75%) and Nissan Titan (75%)

My buddy has had one since 05 and all he had to do was fix and exhaust manifold. They are good trucks. That cummins should be nice for them, they desperately need to beef up the rear end on them though.