1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never buy from Alien Moto!

Discussion in 'General' started by aftriathlete, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're PETA approved vegan. Pretty sure that is illegal per our rules.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. I just wanted to capture this so I can use it later.

Per Mongo, Vegan's aren't legal in WERA, they will have to race somewhere else.

:crackup:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

PETA approved ones.

4. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

Hey, for the record, as I will be getting to know some of you guys in the Southeast later this year, I am not vegan, nor was the PETA endorsement that apparently was retracted at some point a selling point for me. I'm a God-fearing, freedom-loving, meat-eating, red-blooded patriot! That doesn't change the fact that I paid for a PETA-approved suit though.

FedEx tracking says it's in Tucson. If this suit does actually show up I will probably list it for sale. It could be a fine suit, but I still don't want it because I don't want to rep their brand after everything I've gone through. I bought another suit anyway out at Chuckwalla a couple weekends ago. If I wind up not able to sell it because I've sufficiently salted the earth for this company, then it's good to know that I could technically race with it down the road.

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Id ride the shit out of that suit. After I sent to to BB to have "sucks" or "are scammers" sewn beneath the company name.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not saying for sure you can race with it - I can't tell enough about it from a quick perusal of their site. My initial take is it's got more in common with mesh street jackets than real leathers. The Kevlar ones we're talking about were a full kevlar suit, not just patches with Cortech in other areas and some titanium sliders.

7. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Decided to peruse their website finally... definitely some red flags... the most blatant being forgetting to fill in the stock website words when designing the website :crackup:
    Alien Moto.jpg

8. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Just do the motorcycling racing community a favor and throw that piece of shit straight into the trash

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. aftriathlete

I take it you're not in line to buy it then?

10. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

If you sell that thing to someone and the suit seriously fails in a crash, is it worth the $300?
    It's like everyone selling used helmets to street riders that are 10 years old or have been in a crash and "custom painted".

11. aftriathlete

Well fellas, I think we can agree that it's easy to say things like that when it's not your money. "My neighbor should get his wife some new tits!" "My parents should stop giving my deadbeat brother money!"

See, I can do that too. And it's not $300, it's an amount that's big enough to put a major dent in my race season. So yeah, I'm going to try to sell it. If you don't want it don't buy it. And no, it's not anything like the two examples you posted. You've never seen this suit, that is brand new, just like I haven't, to say what quality it is or isn't. So it's not anything like selling old helmets that have been drop tested or passed along as something that they aren't. I'm not going to make any claims about this suit when I sell it -- I'm going to say it's a new Alien Moto suit, here's what I paid for it, here's what I'm asking. From their social media that I'm now blocked from being able to post on it looks like they are popular with stunters, especially in Europe. So there is a buyer for everything, though perhaps not a WERA racer after this thread.

If you think I'm going to just throw this thing in the trash after the 6 and a half months I've been fucked around by these guys, you're crazy.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  12. aftriathlete

Asterisk: if a suit actually shows up. FedEx tracking updated saying it's out on the delivery truck in Tucson now, so we'll see.

13. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

So, did I miss what size, and how much do you want for it? WTH is it mad out of again- Corn oil?

14. aftriathlete

It's supposed to be custom sizing, which is basically a size 54 with a smaller waist. All my measurements have always been spot on with size 54 suits, at least in Arlen Ness and Dainese anyway, except for the waist being too baggy. So it's a size 54 with the waist taken in. And it's all high-tech fabrics, so Kevlar and some trademarked materials like one called SuperFabric that they don't own the rights to, it's not their fabric, it's just what they buy to make the suit with. All the armor is CE Level 2.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm willing to possibly allow it for racing too, just need more info.

aftriathlete likes this.
  16. aftriathlete

Mongo, I appreciate that. If I wind up sitting on it for forever I'll send you all the info and pics I can.

17. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I've done it. It sucks. It's better to trash it then let it stay in the racing community.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This is all I've been able to extrapolate from this entire thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. aftriathlete

Well the suit showed up tonight. After 6 and a half months it finally showed up. No gloves though, so who knows what happened to those. The package label says it's package 1 of 2, so maybe there's another phantom package out there somewhere.

My first thought when I opened it and took a look at it is that I actually might keep it. I'm not advocating for this company WHATSOEVER, but it appears well made, the stitching looks good except for one spot, pretty substantial titanium shoulder/knee/elbow sliders, and the armor is both plentiful -- far more armor than my Dainese suit -- and looks really high quality. I weighed it and it weighs almost exactly the same as my Dainese suit -- 10.8 lbs for this one vs 10.9 for my Dainese -- but it has probably twice the total armor, so I assume the material is actually lighter. The armor is removable, and it has a pretty significant back protector integrated. Overall, positive impressions. Until I tried it on.

I couldn't even get it up over my calves, so the suit didn't make it past my knees. When I had my Dainese suit out, I noticed it's actually a size 56, so I run a 56 in Dainese but a 54 in Arlen Ness. I held it up to my body and it looks like it's about the right length for me (I'm 5'11), but it's so tight on me it's probably more like a 52 Long kind of suit size.

So I don't even have the choice to keep it and run it, it's not even remotely big enough for me to get into it. I sure ain't sending it back to the company after all this, so I'm left with the only option which is to list it for sale. Despite the good advice of some of the Saudi oil princes here, throwing it away is not an option considering the coin I have wrapped up in it. Plus, now that I've seen it myself it doesn't appear to be some unsafe piece of Ebay trash that you can pull apart with your bare hands, it seems solid.

So, coming soon to a classified section near you...

EDIT: I'm not saying I recommend this company. The buying experience has been so just unbelievably beyond retarded, it took 6 and a half months to receive what I paid for, and I had to file a police report with their local police. So don't take the fact that I'm going to try to sell it or that it seems like a decent suit for any kind of promotion. Sincerely, fuck these guys forever.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    badmoon692008 and MachineR1 like this.
  20. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Pix please