1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never buy from Alien Moto!

Discussion in 'General' started by aftriathlete, Feb 20, 2018.

1. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

BUYER BEWARE OF ALIEN MOTO.

Swedish race suit company. You can read about all the drama in detail at the below link to my ApriliaForum thread in case you’re inclined, but just spread the word that this company has scammed multiple people now including myself. They even expertly scammed the PayPal dispute process to avoid the escalation to a refund claim. I’d like to prevent this from happening to anyone else in the future that I can.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?337488-Alien-Moto-textile-race-suit

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

my brother is in Sweden right now, testing ECUs for cars from Stuttgart.

shall i send him over to round them up? anybody can provide a map?

sorry to hear about your suit purchase going down the drain.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not to bag on the OP, but how many of these race suit scam threads do we have to have before people quit buying from a custom suit company that's been in business for six weeks and promises to build you a MotoGP level suit for $399?

4. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

I get a PM from one of those companies every month. I havent been able to ride in over a year.
    Bad part is they really do hurt legit custom suit companies.

5. aftriathlete

I’m with you man, I feel like an idiot for buying from these guys. Damn I wish I had gone with NJk. But they had all the makings of a legit company: a fall 2016 debut at EICMA, and multiple magazine and online rags covered them and have supposedly actually had their hands on their suits.

6. No Phil, just have him post on the internet that he will rough them up.

7. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Did you pay with a credit card linked through PayPal. If so, do a charge back on the card. There will be no dispute then :) PayPal might try to close your account over it, but fuck em.

8. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

who buys a textile race suit?

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yup, you should have. Kelcey will treat you right.

aftriathlete likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Textile and race don't even belong in the same sentence.

11. aftriathlete

PayPal ACH. So lesson learned. If I had used PayPal but paid with credit card I could have disputed the charge outside of PayPal, but I didn’t.

It’s nonconventional for sure. And I’m not by any means going to sit here and defend my purchase because there’s really nothing good I can say about this company at this point.

12. aftriathlete

I’m not disagreeing with anyone that thinks I shouldn’t have bought a textile suit to begin with. They sold me on it basically, the owner is a salesman. And he’s also a scam artist of the highest level. He knows well the ins and outs of PayPal and what “Buyer’s Protection” actually means. And when they offer lifetime free repairs and alterations that’s a big deal.

For PayPal disputes PayPal gives you 20 days to resolve the dispute or escalate it to a refund. At 20 days the case is closed and that purchase can never be disputed again. So even if the seller provides a false tracking number that never updates beyond “shipping label created” there’s nothing PayPal will do for you after the 20 days runs out.

13. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Yup, don't leave a balance in your PayPal and always use a credit card linked through PayPal. You'll have an extra set of protection that way.

Also, now would be a good time to hit up TJ at Riders Discount :)

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

To be fair the boots don't look half bad. Many are synthetic anyway. I can see being fooled by the slick sales pitch.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

This thread title is in violation of the bbs buyer beware protocol of Thou Shall Not Name.

16. aftriathlete

As in it’s not allowed? I didn’t see anything in the forum rules, not the sticky here in the General forum anyway.

Mods feel free to edit the title of the thread if necessary.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, you’re good. Just making light of others who have posted buyer beware types threads without naming any actual parties.

VFR#52, 5axis, code3ryder and 2 others like this.
  18. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Garth is just breaking balls.

Some members are on the edge of their seat for a firearms manufacturer to be named that sustained a major failure in the bolt carrier group in a thread in this general section.

Its an inside joke round here.

justjohn620, G 97 and aftriathlete like this.
  19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

No dead lawyers, no trebuchet, and someone’s a huge fucking pussy but there are no names.

This blows, I’m going back to the Velvetta vs Kraft thread.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A certain track day provider sucks. :moon: