1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never buy from Alien Moto!

Discussion in 'General' started by aftriathlete, Feb 20, 2018.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Lesson learned - don't buy a suit to save a few bucks. Buy good, solid, well-known brands, that might cost a few extra bucks, but save your ass.

With all due respect.

2. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

Regarding what Sweatypants posted, I suppose it is possible that they didn’t get into the business with the intent to scam folks. Maybe they really do just suck that bad. I assume it’s a scam now though, considering after some threats a few weeks ago to do just this, post my experience all over the internet, I finally hear from their “owner” who has “been in the hospital for a couple months,” and then somehow FedEx manages to “damage the package and lose the shipping label” the first time, and now this second time that FedEx HQ is telling me they never even received the package these guys are saying FedEx is wrong, it’s their problem. I’ve never had a problem with FedEx in my life, let alone two problems with the same shipment.

I made them aware last night that they have burned the last of my patience with them and alerted them to the fact that I shared my story around the internet. And the “owner” is still saying FedEx is fucked up, they must be wrong. He had refused at every turn to just give me back my money, which would probably have avoided my sharing this story, and to me supports the likelihood that this is a scam.

3. aftriathlete

And regarding what everyone has posted, yep giant lesson learned. I wasn’t even saving a few bucks, I could have gotten a custom NJK for about the same price. A lot of mistakes made in this one.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

so if Fedex fucked up... isn't it on him to file the claim and get the money back while simultaneously sending you a new suit and/or refunding your money?

hospital... mom died... hurricane... deadbeat partner... divorce... child custody problems... supplier... wrong address... lost package... the flu... business partner scammed him story to garnish sympathy from ass'd out customer... i've literally seen them all man.

dollars to donuts... he spent your money, there was either a delay or miscommunication with the supplier or they sent the wrong suit... he doesn't have enough money to give you a refund... he doesn't have your product... he doesn't know what to do. so lies and stalls are his only play. i'd bet on it.

having a booth and actual product that magazines or people have worn/reviewed is a pretty expensive and elaborate way to pull a scam if it was just a scam. i'm leaning towards he's just broke and an idiot and instead of being honest or actually making it right, keeps digging the hole. eventually he'll just disappear with the money, or go belly up with a public formal notice or some shit like that, then pop up 5 years from now in some other fashion.

there's a dude still around drifting that talks about his log cabin building and pro-am hockey playing in japan after scamming a bunch of people out of a few thousand each for motors that never got delivered. blamed it on a hurricane destroying the cargo during shipment, then blammed it on he had a business partner that was stealing from the company and took everyone's money and disappeared. at the time, everyone pitchfork'd his ass relentlessly... but over time it faded away and he felt comfortable enough to still be involved in at least talking to people in the scene, even if he never made anyone whole. nobody's broken his knees yet and most likely never will.

there was another car dude from TX that faked having cancer for a year, so he could move to MD to live with a girl he sweated so she would sympathy take care of him and maybe he could move from the friendzone to a relationship. literally kept up the scam for a year. family even had a gofundme for him that took mad donations which he spent on hooking up his car and general fucking off. he was exposed and only then came clean... moved back to TX. last i saw he had a new hooked up car and is still deep in the scene there posted up at shows and meets and whatever. still has all his teeth as far as i know. people suck man.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    aftriathlete likes this.
  5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I sent them an email at 10:00 pm last night , asking why they are ripping off Racers ... no response as of yet

aftriathlete likes this.
  6. aftriathlete

Good, get em.

I was just contacted through Facebook in response to my CVMA post by a guy that has experienced the same thing with shipping info that never updated and multiple emails back and forth escalating to the point of threats. He says he did wind up getting the gloves he ordered but it took months and all that consternation. So that’s 3 folks that have contacted me now that have had similar experiences, this is the first guy who has actually eventually received something.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Still trying to wrangle a refund...long shot that the promised new suit will fit. In any case 16 months is a long time.

8. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

After 16 months, I would tell them they can blow it out their ass.

9. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Owner must have had his iPad stolen.

10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

BOOM ... got a response to my email , asking why they are ripping off Racers by taking their money , but not delivering the suits they paid for ....

Hi David ,
    We would never do anything like that , it would not only be morally wrong , it would ruin our company.

We have had a few delays with both materials and shipping issues with lost packages, but most of all because of our owners long time in hospital due to complications from a spinal cord injury from being run over and stuck under an SUV last year .

All customers that have been affected by this has been sent not only one , but many extra products like boots , gloves , racing chains, oil , shift lights , disc locks , extra knee sliders , crash protection sliders , etc as compensation for the longer than expected delivery time.

Does that sound like a company that tries to rip anyone off ?

Best regards ,
    George

11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I would love to see the emails from guys who still haven't received suits they bought a year earlier after they get free knee pucks as "compensation" for the wait. As lame as a free shift light or disc lock is, at least you have something to attach it to.

12. Better off buying a used, good condition higher end used suit than a cheap new one. If you only have x budget, cover your safety bases first. The ti pipe can wait, but unfortunately lots of ti pipes and blown out suit seems. So you have a f$cked pipe, suit and body vs well, we know the end of the story.

Gorilla George and ekraft84 like this.
  13. Then why continue to take orders?

14. I’m sorry but for that much time wasted it would have been cheaper to get s top of the line d air or similar. Not worth that effort.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah, I see zero value in these off-brand suit companies. I don't even understand the cost aspect of these off-brands. Anything below a certain price point, should be a red flag. And even with that, the top brands (Taichi, Dainese, AStar, etc.) offer suits across price ranges.

Been doing this long enough now (and not touting any horns), but being sponsored by a lesser brand years ago - and then a better brand recently - I'd pay money to wear the better brand. Same goes for helmets, boots and gloves.

16. aftriathlete

Even if any of this were true, all of which is just simply unreasonable for a grown man to believe in this day and age, and I was just caught up in the perfect storm of unfortunate circumstances by this company—1) a long-term hospitalization of apparently the only person at the company that can get anything accomplished 2) material delays 3) FedEx didn’t fuck up the shipment once, but TWICE?!—that just points to they are completely ineffective at the most basic level of running a company. They cannot succeed at taking payment from customers for a product and providing that product in return. And why was none of this information pushed to the customer? It was back in December that I really started hitting them up regularly for updates (so this was about 9 or 10 weeks after ordering) that if they would even reply at all, they would ignore my question and just say something like “sorry for the delay getting back to you, we’ll try to figure out why your emails are going to our spam box.” In December this started with “we expect to get your suit in hand from wherever it’s made by this date,” then that date would come and go without a peep, I would hit them up for an update and they would push the date back again. Sometimes with weeks with no contact. And no reason provided. It took a PayPal dispute to get them to provide tracking info that never updated for 3 weeks before I then started issuing threats, and then woe is me, listen to these sob stories, FedEx has lost your package TWICE. No fucking way man.

I could give a fuck about a brake fluid tester and some knee pucks, how about my $900+ suit? They should have stopped taking orders if they were so hard up, and refunded the money to the effected customers, which I asked for countless times. The right answer for a company that wants to stay in business in the digital age is not to continue to string along their customers for 4 and a half goddamn months, still with nothing to show for it.

And this is all only relevant if these completely ridiculous stories are true. Which I have a very hard time believing. So at best they are bad businessmen and don’t deserve to be in business, and at worst they are scam artists.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. aftriathlete

Man I got all worked up typing that out now that they’re playing the “poor us” card to people that contact them. They had a dozen or more opportunities to make this right with not just me, but the other folks that are dealing with the same thing. Could have just refunded my money, cut ties, and not gotten their reputation destroyed publicly. But they chose to take the misleading and poor us, these circumstances are out of our control route.

They know I’ve shared this all online at this point too, so I’m fairly confident that I won’t hear from them again and I’m just out the money. But I did email them again last night and tell them the best thing they can do now for themselves is to refund my money, and I would at least update my posts that they eventually made it right after nearly 5 months now of this dick dance.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Wonder if that was a ripped off customer that was driving the SUV?

19. aftriathlete

At this point I don’t have a lot of new info to offer on this ordeal. I think the point has been made, and at least the people that have seen this thread will probably avoid this company in the future. If I get any significant updates on this I’ll post them up, good or bad. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’re going to try to do damage control and they’ll refund me. Or they’ll deliver me a suit that I’ll never be able to get repaired or altered because they probably don’t want anything to do with me at this point. Or I just don’t hear from them ever again.

20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

lol i didn't even think about that... don't want anything to do with YOU?!?! haha

gets suit after 8 months. lowsides first race. "hey, sure no problem we can repair it... just send it back to us." confidently proceeds over to Fedex.

sounds like exactly what i'd do after an ordeal like this. :rolleyes: give the product BACK to the worst logistics people ever. "free repairs and alterations" is the most amazing sales pitch to give when you can't even get the product in a guy's hands for half a year or more.

[​IMG]

aftriathlete likes this.