1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My head hath departed from my body.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 21, 2017.

1. :crackup:

I don't consider buying a Suzuki "going big". From what I have now, it would actually be a step towards going smaller. :D

Going big would be the new 1299 Superleggera, or one of those $100k RSV4 WSBK's customer built versions. This is just another Jap bike that has finally caught up to everyone else, which is the only reason it is getting so much attention...they haven't done shit in years and everyone is like "finally". Had they put this bike out in 2010/2011 like they should have, when BMW, Aprilia, Kawi, and Ducati all put out kickass bikes, this Gixxer would barely be a blip on the radar.

I just can't believe that is truly the OEM exhaust. That picture has to be someone good at photoshop "taking the piss".

I am happy for Suzuki. Like I said before, I have never been brand biased, the name of the bike doesn't mean shit to me. I don't care if it is a Suzuki, Ducati, or KTM. I buy bikes based upon specs, performance, and how good they fill when I sit on them (with looks being somewhat of a factor, but not a deciding one...they all pretty much look the same from the seat). But with all of that being said, I am glad Suzuki finally has a new bike and I have always had somewhat of a soft spot for Gixxers since my first bike was one and I have owned 5 in total. So there is no "hate", I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about the name/OEM of a bike. On the contrary, I find the brand biased nut swingers ridiculous, which is where most of my entertainment comes from in these types of threads. :D

2. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

That's not true,especially after audis' arrival.

3. The Panigale was already out and on the grids before Audi bought Ducati. And to Audi, the Ducati brand is nothing more than an accessory, it is simply another trophy or name plate to put on the wall. It didn't actually change anything as far as how/where Ducati operates and/or builds bikes.

4. Ra.Ge. Raptor

I assume you compare Ducati to the entire Suzuki industry as a brand given the scale you mention when in reality you should only compare it to the motorcycles section. Not to mention that Ducati is a premium brand and as such it is very likely that it earns way more money per unit sold.

5. I can't until I sit on one. Probably 50% of the decision making about a bike is based on how it feels when I sit on it. I have made that mistake before. I bought a 1098S sight unseen, then hated it. I loved the motor and brakes, but it was the most uncomfortable, ergonomically unfriendly thing in the world.

I might end up buying one. Like I said, there is no hate and I am not biased towards any of them. Yeah, I have a Ducati in my pit, but if you look in my pit there is also a Yamaha, Triumph, Honda, and even a Polaris (ATV pit bike). I only bought the 1299S because it felt really good when I sat on it, it looks/sounds cool, and it (IMO) was the best bike with the best specs right off the showroom floor. Had the exact same bike been manufactured by Hyosung, I still would have bought it. I don't give a shit about the name on the bike.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  6. I wasn't comparing Ducati to the whole of Suzuki, anymore than you can compare Ducati to all of Audi (technically, Ducati is owned through Lamborghini, Audi's Italian subsidiary, which is just one part of the big Volkswagon group) . Them buying Ducati doesn't change the fact that the bikes are built by hand by limited people in a small facility (compared to Suzuki's factory).

Ducati's do have a good profit margin, which was one of the main reasons Audi bought them. They wouldn't have bought them if they didn't think they could profit.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

The entire Yosh team. I would really love to see Roger Lee have a fantastic season this year.

8. Me too. Dude has been working and riding his ass off for years. He, more than anyone in the world IMO, really deserves a chance to do some good on this new bike.

I fully expect Elias to be a title contender. We have to remember that we are talking about a guy who was the Moto2 world champion, and someone who has also won a MotoGP race (beating Rossi heads up).

IMO, based on how good this new bike looks right off the bat, and how much effort they are putting into this bike (including getting help straight from Japan), Elias might should even be considered the favorite to win the championship...especially now that he knows all of the tracks.

Ra.Ge. Raptor and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, but those headlights when it is a streetbike better be the same on each side, or I won't buy it. Doesn't matter that the race bodywork doesn't show the headlights.

Now if Hyosung made the Ducati you ride, you probably wouldn't have bought it, because of the asymmetrical rear shock and rear swing arm, which don't get changed for racing. Not sure how, but somehow you managed to overlook that?:crackup:

10. :crackup:

The headlight thing is a real issue for me. I don't know why, but I simply cant get past it. Perhaps if I bought a BMW and it was delivered already race prepped, that is an option (and I have considered it). But those headlights, I just cant explain how much they make my skin crawl. I mean they really fuck with me. I hate it when I see one right around town. It makes me want to uppercut someone at BMW right in the dick.

But other stuff, like only one exhaust can on one side, or the single-sided swingarm, that has never really bothered me. And I love the SSS when it comes to changing tires. I (read: Livengood :D) can change the rear wheel and be ready to go in a matter of seconds.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    This is why everything this Gomer says is invalid lol.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm still not getting the exhaust complaints when every other 2017 bike is sporting the same thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

And like others have said will be either hanging in the attic or garage if it was not thrown away when you had the stealership change the pipe out before it even leaves the shop...

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Apparently Josh was running 5th until the guy in front of him ran off and kicked a rock into his radiator....he got black flagged, unlucky debut :( :( :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

His fastest lap would have him fifth on a bike with zero development and no testing whatsoever. Which he had also never raced before.

Boman Forklift and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  16. Meh, I am more impressed by dude's helmet in 3rd (in that picture). :D

17. What made them go with radioactive baby shit green as a secondary color?

If all the green was replaced with gray, or black, or red, or something else, it would look a lot better IMO.

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

There's a Seahawks fan in their midst?

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Ra.Ge. Raptor

I like his comments:D

Waters explained the situation on his Suzuki; “I’ve had less than an hour seat time on the new GSX-R and it was keeping up with the leading pack, no problems! The racing was that close, that when the Honda riders touched in front of me, one ran a little wide the on the straight, causing a stone to flick up and pierce a hole in my radiator, as well as smashing a few other things on the front of the bike. The main thing was the hole in the radiator resulting in the engine overheating.” He finished.

http://www.asbk.com.au/news/falzon-opens-2017-asbk-account-with-race-one-victory/

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. Were they not running a radiator guard?