1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My head hath departed from my body.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

That was shitty(see pic. below). They could not even stop oil from getting into the air box . Really embarrassing for the team and for Yamaha.
    [​IMG]

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

that race aint the kiddie pool. that bike was also a grenade.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Hate all ya want on MD but he's a fucking badass. I don't give a shit about the politics. This year will be awesome. MD,McGuiness,Hutchy and Guy. Hope the weather holds.

turbulence, Odilup and cav115 like this.
  4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Toe already posted it in the thread title...

Pop went the weasel!!!

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Truth. And with McPint and Guy as teammates on the the new Honduh. I think there's a couple small meets before the NW 200. Can't wait to see how these new models stack up.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I think MD is by far, the man to beat. McPint is not a factor anymore, I'm afraid. Seems like a great guy and immensely popular(thusly his continued ride with Honder), but I'll be suprised and very happy if he wins another TT race(beside the Ebike stuff).

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I think its just "Road". And I only know this because my home movie system kept freaking out and assigning "The Road" to it, which is a movie/book about the end of the world.

[​IMG]

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

You can't say he has motor on anyone. :D

9. Unless there was a prior agreement like "Just give the bike a try, if you don't like it, then you don't have to ride it. It never hurts to try"....then I think it was shitty.

OR, unless he built the bike with his own money and own hands, and then had an offer on a different team/bike and decided to go that route instead.

But if sponsors/people/etc put money and effort into that bike, then he just walked away from it because he thought the other one was better, and left those guys hanging, then that is shitty IMO.

10. From what I remember, that wasn't uncommon with the R1's at that time (im assuming a fix has been sorted by now). I remember reading multiple threads about it on other forums. Im talking about with regular customer bikes, or track day bikes.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Josh Waters' bike being prepped for the ASBK opener at Philip Island alongside the WSBK weekend. At least there will be some new Gixxers in action over the weekend. Unfortunately ASBK rules are pretty super stock in nature, not near the level of Dunlop's bike by the looks of it.

[​IMG]

cav115, Ra.Ge. Raptor and roy826ex like this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

13. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

The price you might pay for a mechanical failure at the TT would probably make most people rethink the decision of which bike to run...!

turbulence, 418, Jedb and 3 others like this.
  14. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

This. If I ever had the balls to run the TT I would be dam sure I'm doing it on a bike I feel confident won't end up blowing up/spewing oil onto the rear tire going around bends at 170+, irregardless of who's paying me.

turbulence likes this.
  15. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Also, is this photoshopped or is the guy retardedly small? I've never seen such a huge panigale!

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Huh? That's straight off the Moto Rapido Racing page. Looks like a fkn tractor right?

roy826ex likes this.
  17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

As others have said,you can't afford riding a bike that you don't trust 110% around the isle.

Another thing to take into consideration when judging his move is the way his father was killed:engine seizure at 160mph at the iom .

18. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Robert Dunlop died at the NW200.

In the footage of his crash it looks to me like he pulled the front brake lever which was mounted on the same side as the clutch when the bike started to seize.

19. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Not that it makes any difference but yes ,it was at NW200. And he grabbed the front brake instead of the clutch but the whole situation was caused by the engine seizure. So that could have affected him.

20. Easy with that shit now. This sport isn't made up of all tinkerbells. :D