1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My head hath departed from my body.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 21, 2017.

1. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Yup. David Jefferies was nearly 200 pounds. I remember reading about him bending footpeg brackets through the sheer force of his riding.

Ra.Ge. Raptor and Gorilla George like this.
  2. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I remember reading an article about how much beefier all the parts of a road racing bike are due to the forces sustained. I don't have a link though,it nust have been on paper.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Josh Waters is happy so far. Quick out of the gate with no development.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I cannot wait to see how Tony E does on it first time out.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

where's that on-board video?!(2nd pic)

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That front cowl does look uncannily like an 03-04 doesn't it?

[​IMG]

8. Just when I was about to say "EVERY bike looks good in the solid black/CF testing trim"............then I see the front of the Gixxer and it got ruined. It just looks like a CF elephant.

Still ugly.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It would appear that the Yosh boys will be running Ohlins forks in MA

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 7.27.30 PM.png

dsmitty37 and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Damn I love this bike!

11. It is interesting that there is only the one little "Ducati" up at the top of the gas tank...which you probably wont even be able to see once the rider is sitting on it. It doesn't say Ducati anywhere on the fairings.

Is that because they aren't getting much (or any) Factory support from Ducati?

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

From their FB page when someone mentioned the level of support compared to Byrne's team.

Moto Rapido Racing We have exactly the same package from ducati, access to the same info and same parts. Ducati are good to us. Only restriction on what we have is €€€. But we're spending what we have wisely.

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It'll be going down @ PI real soon....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

roy826ex, Ra.Ge. Raptor and Steeltoe like this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Apparently the Woolich guys have been at work on the (US-spec) ECU and will be ready to reflash them by the time dealers have the bikes over here.

[​IMG]

dsmitty37 and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That is a damn good lookin bike! Aussie SBK is usually live streamed. Free.

16. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

It looks very 'Suzuki' and to my liking, I could care less what the "I've only been riding since 2007 crowd thinks" this is real world stuff not a hodge podge thought up concept in red with pipes all over gods creation that'll crack if you look at it wrong :rolleyes: And yea it's spelled right SUZUKI, nit pick a paint job if you want, if that's all you got :mad:

17. Really dude? Chill the fuck out, it was a joke. Hence the ":D".

And FYI - the bike you are referring to with your "this is real world stuff not a hodge podge thought up concept in red with pipes all over gods creation that'll crack if you look at it wrong :rolleyes:" comment has been dominant in WSTK for the past 6 years, (where they race essentially bone stock motorcycles...which is why the Suzuki couldn't even crack the top 10), won more races in WSBK than anyone last year, and won the BSB title last year. That is "real world stuff". Not to mention it makes more HP and torque than the Gixxer (while having the same 15000mi valve service interval), while weighing much less.

Not bad for a small facility that is probably 1/10th the size of Suzuki, especially when you consider they release something all-new, of every size, every 2-3 years.

Good job Suzuki, you finally made a good bike after 10 years of doing fuckall, and are finally caught up to the competition after being behind for the past 6 years.

18. I found this picture on facebook. This is photoshopped, right? I mean, the exhaust really isn't that big IRL is it? This has to be someone making a joke about the real/true size of the can and just photoshopped to 50% bigger being a smartass, right?

Attached Files:

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Broome, just buy the f@ckin' GSXR and quit being such an OCD wusspussface. Jeez, people are gonna give you shit no matter what you do, you might as well go big or go the f@ck home! :D

RRP, Steeltoe, Bruce and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

lol just go buy the damn bike!