1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is getting admitted today for Bone Marrow transplant, any advice for me.

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Jan 9, 2020.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

You knew going into this that it wouldn’t be easy. Doesn’t sound like it is.
    Said it before but it bears repeating, you’re a good person and a good friend. Not everyone could do what you’re doing.

Jedb and Yzasserina like this.
  2. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Wow it sounds like Joe is one stubborn fella, props to you for being there for him during this whole process. As for Joe I could only imagine going through what he’s going through, hopefully he pulls through this and all gets back to normal.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, you are being a great friend trying to help with an impossible task. I hope he makes some progress and it gets easier for both of you.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Damn dude. Keep eating to keep your energy up.. And tell him to chill the eff out. Lol. Yeah.... That battle with insurance is completely unnecessary at this point. Hopefully he gets some down time to heal up and be less of a liability to himself. Really hoping the best for you as well..

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good Lord, he's not making it easy for you. You are a solid friend.

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I hadn't seen Joe I'm a few weeks so stopped by new years Eve morning. We're hanging out and he gets a call from clinic. He's tested positive for covid-19....fuck me pink!! Last thing he needs is this shit.
    He/we have been careful and he's only been to clinic 3 times a week and a few times to the store since February.
    Talked via phone yesterday and again this morning. Today he sounds way worse and coughing like crazy. Terrible headache too.
    Unfortunately according to him, he wasn't covid tested since mid November. He's been tested roughly 15 times already, so we've no clue how or when he actually got it.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

Damn dude. I had honestly forgotten about this but man I hope he pulls through it. That sucks.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Very sorry to read this. He definitely didn't need this crap on top of everything. I hope he doesn't need to get hospitalized.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

@L8RSK8R...Dude you are a stand up guy. Best wishes for him and you.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Man I'm sorry to hear this for Joe. You have been so amazing for him, I hope he is okay. I just spoke with someone who's 91 year old mom caught it and she is now okay.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  11. L8RSK8R

Dropped Joe off at ER an hour ago.
    Cancer center asked me to bring him in.
    Headache and occasional cough/hack.
    No temperature and blood pressure 135/90.
    Sounded like they wanted to handle him and he does need 3 x weekly potassium and magnesium infusions.

He seems in good form and quite content to be there. I certainly can't take as good care of him in the current environment.

I got home and stripped on the porch, all clothing in a trash bag and hopped in the shower.

I'm gonna miss those chonies.

Hopefully he can weather this shit show.

His new birthday will be Jan 10th, one year since marrow transplant.
    He was really looking forward to smokin' a firecracker joint on the 10th.

Slainte for the good vibes and motivation.

BigBird and Shenanigans like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Probably a good thing to be near doctors right now. Hopefully they will keep in decent shape.

13. L8RSK8R

I agree Papa.
    They requested it and honestly have their best interest in him.
    They have been amazing. Moores Cancer/Jacobs Medical, La Jolla Ca.

Checking into ER at Thornton Hospital with only one guy with 10/15 folks in line to check in and handle folks personally.

Nurse that took Joe into ER was obviously exhausted, looked barely motivated.
    The crap these nurses and doctors are going thru right now is unreal.

HPPT and BigBird like this.