1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is getting admitted today for Bone Marrow transplant, any advice for me.

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Jan 9, 2020.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

House will be sanitized before he comes home. I got to rid of bars of soap, new toothbrushes on hand, fresh bedding , sanitizer as ya enter the house and in the kitchen, bathroom and his bedroom.

He just called me and asked if I could bring a 60 foot ladder tomorrow, his windows are dirty

My main concern is making sure I feed him right, good clean good.

Joe used to work for me. We know our boundaries. We've done a lotta shit together that I can't say here.

We're very close even though he could be my 2nd father.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, no one mentioned that, but definitely no strippers.

Boman Forklift, vfrket and L8RSK8R like this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, you never know what people might think is a good idea when life gets really shitty.

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

How true is that, I mean just consider the thought processes occurring in the Clarence threads.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

60 effin feet? Holy canola oil Batman.

Doing good for taking care of your friend.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

What if theyre glitter free?
    Who am I kidding, then theyd just be whores.

Maybe you get some of those immunity bubbles and they could stay in those? :D

Youre a good friend and good luck to your bud.

8. RPR

RPR Well-Known Member

this thread brought up a lot of old memories. i did an autologous stem cell transplant in duarte, ca (city of hope) during the summer of '03. i had stage 3 hodgkin's lymphoma, first time as a 15 year old and second time at 18. the second time is when i did the transplant and i've been in remission for 17 years now, thank god. it can't be said enough, you are a champ for doing this. my parents took care of me during my treatment and it's a lot you're taking on. your friend is going to need time to recover, both physically and mentally. if you have any questions, let me know, i'm more than happy to share my own bmt experience.

Metalhead and L8RSK8R like this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Where there's a will, there's a way.

tumblr_mbpkeb0FJz1qiew7t.jpg

L8RSK8R likes this.
  10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

How is it going?

11. joec

joec brace yourself

Oh yeah.... Fill us in.. You into a tolerable pattern? And how's your buddy making out?

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

@L8RSK8R Please report to the white courtesy telephone in the WERA lobby.

Thank you!

13. L8RSK8R

I fuckin freaked out two days ago.
    Joe wasn't answering his cell phone.
    I called the hospital and they said he was in the operating room.
    Unscheduled procedure.

I was freaked out, got over there in n 15 minutes. He has a fungal infection in his nasal passage.
    They also repaired deviated septum.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually sounds like good news if he was strong enough for surgery.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  15. RPR

RPR Well-Known Member

immune system is still recovering i'm sure, but if he's in surgery then his bloodwork must look ok

good luck OP

16. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I don’t know about your particular situation .... but take time for yourself . My dad had a liver transplant about 12-13 yrs ago now . Recovery and a sick family member is harder on the family/ caretakers than it is the patient. There’s gonna be some shitty days, take a breath , it gets better .

L8RSK8R likes this.
  17. joec

joec brace yourself

Awe.... Hoping it's a minor hiccup for him. Pulling for y'all. Keep us up to date when/if you have time.

18. L8RSK8R

T'is looking good today. They're shooting for Monday afternoon discharge

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!! Let me know when to come work a shift or two.

20. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I'm a cancer survivor, and I know what you are doing is really a great gift. It is almost easy to be the patient, your task is simply to get well. The caregiver's task is so much harder--to support, to provide, to deliver patience and forbearance, on and on, without complaining or breaking down. Good on you bud. When I was sick, my wife selflessly gave her time generously, without fail, to keep me going and I will always be thankful. I know your buddy will be too.

I always likened this to racing motocross--sooner or later you are going to wake up looking at a circle of faces, and your job is simple, just get up off the damned ground. The task of the faces in the circle, wife, parents, friends, is so much more complicated, to help and care for the guy on the ground without giving in to their own feelings of concern and maybe panic. Good on ya.