1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to the South

Discussion in 'General' started by Trent, Nov 2, 2020.

1. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Had a home in Winston Salem N.C for ten years now. Lived here for 3 years, great small city. Good schools for the most part. Close to great riding and V.I.R. Also from SoCal.

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Its tough, and its a sellers market. Prepare to do virtual views on a house AND make an offer.
    We tried to get into TN but we dealt with the seller’s relocation company and they were a pain in the ass. It fell through.

You might have to consider getting an apartment first and keeping your stuff storage until you find your house because most sellers dont need or want early occupancy agreements unless you meet their price or get into a serious bidding war.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Canada

~sent from mobile

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Just don't move to GA, we don't need more neighborhoods built, or yet another apartment complex , to increase our traffic burden.

K, thx, bye.

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Northern AZ is terrific, mild climate but still having 4 seasons. Chuckwalla isnt too far, AMP in phoenix is close enough, supermoto tracks. Outdoor activities galore.

Please tell me you're a custom home builder. I'm in Sedona and know at least a dozen people looking to build on lots and there's not one reliable construction crew around.

rd400racer likes this.
  6. :stupid:

Unfortunately, I agree with all of this.

7. OP, how many guns do you own?

If the number is less than 10, you have work to do before you will be accepted in The South.

Oh, and you better get some real magazines on order also. We don’t do those Mickey Mouse bullshitass <10 round magazines here.

MikeR, Phl218 and cav115 like this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cherokee County, GA.

/thread

Phl218 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Oh... Not national geographic

~sent from mobile

ChemGuy likes this.
  10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Is TN still a no state income tax state?

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yes

12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

On my annual winter trip South , I was surprised this year coming through downtown Atlanta . It’s a Boom Town . The amount of new construction is mind boggling. It was a sea of tower cranes putting up skyscrapers. :eek:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Interesting. With all going on, businesses are looking to get rid of office space.

~sent from mobile

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I find this detail amusing....

Everything is relative, I know.

15. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

16. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

These are projects that have been underway since well before the start of 2020. Even with the possibility of more companies reducing office space, there are still a lot of companies looking to relocate to Georgia and wanting space. There is also a lot of residential tower work happening in the city core and around the perimeter area.

BigBird likes this.
  17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's where I want to move, but family keeps me planted.

My wife is losing her job at the end of the year unless she wants to relocate to Atlanta. We decided if it came down to it, we'd eat in soup kitchens before we moved there.

Sabre699 likes this.
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Anyone buying a house in this market better be prepared to be underwater for a while.

Renting an apartment for a year or two and letting the dust is what I’d do.

Banditracer likes this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Smart decision.

Banditracer likes this.
  20. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Not until they widen 20 and 140!

ChemGuy likes this.