1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to the South

Discussion in 'General' started by Trent, Nov 2, 2020.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Congrats! You have the twistiest road in Florida in your town (Ozello Trail) with a decent seafood joint at the end of the road.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yes I know, used to live there. 7% state + 2. 5% in Washington Co. 2.5% limited to I think the first $1600, 7% on the whole amount. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yep been tearing it up for years .. Fort Island Trail , which I am right off of , is a nice one two .
    Edit: restaurant right before the causeway is Pecks Old port Cove .. was there last Wednesday for dinner. Island Out post in a nice in door Tiki hut with ice cold drafts for a Dollar ...

5. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Yup, Peck's is the one I'm referring to. You also have a short ride out to Floral City which has a nice loop (E Trails End). Everyone stops at Shamrocks to eat over there and they are good as long as you like your burgers well done and your fries fried in the same grease that hasn't been cleaned in years. :crackup:

motoracer1100 likes this.
  6. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

Huntsville, AL is pretty good...Schools are better just outside Huntsville, but plenty of high paying jobs(you'll need a 4-yr degree to get your foot in the door most places) and low cost housing and land. Plus when you need anything Pit Bull related, you can't beat the delivery time.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

NO IT IS HORRIBLE HERE STAY AWAY!!!!

8. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Looks like ETA is coming to my new neck of the woods . Going to launch the Kayaks at Ozello and ride the storm surge to Ocala :D

713 likes this.
  9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

If you actually know about FV then you've got to be close.

I live "here" but I'm not in Wake Co (THANK GOD!). I'm beyond disparaged to see how much housing is being built out here. I used to live in nothing but tobacco and soy bean fields for miles. Now so much of the farm land is being sold and new neighborhoods being built. I F'ING HATE IT!!!! Sure my home value has shot through the roof, but who cares if every place you'd want to move to has done the same! When the WuFlu started you couldn't sell or build fast enough out here. Every thing is sold as soon as the lot is mapped out. It's all the "run off" from RTP. Used to be Apex, then Holly Springs, now it's all the way down here and still expanding.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I lived in Raleigh from 1970 until 1994. I consider it home. For point of reference, the population of Cary when we moved there was less than 7500. We used to go to Fuquay every once in a while to watch the natives cruise from Tastee Freeze to whatever was at the other end of the main drag (too many years to recall).

11. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Lots of white collar jobs, but blue collar jobs are being added all the time with Toyota and supporting industries.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Perspective is fickle. I can't imagine living anywhere near there because of the crowding and dull landscape...shopping centers everywhere, traffic, apartments, subdivisions. Damn.

I live in Burke County, and it is nothing like that area, and I can't get away from here fast enough because of the crowding, shopping centers, etc. There's a small bit of industry here and there. You are probably better off doing your own biz here, though. But it's Brex-it's Land for me. Got a 5300 sq. ft. house on 5 wooded acres that needs a new owner in a year or two. Counting minutes. Tick F'n tock.

[​IMG]

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sweet place...

14. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

Yep, and for a minute there we almost had a thriving Remington plant. Something went sour there though.

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Thanks.

"Contentedness with what you have is the secret to happiness." My house is paid for, so I should be all set. But nope.

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Oh so very true. Folks (mostly from NJ) buy in my area because it's so "country".....Having to drive 26 miles just to get a Big Mac wears thin pretty quick and off they go. I need to hook one of those "fishes" when I sell my place to move into the assisted living home.:eek: Can't wait to hear them moan when they find out cutting, splitting and stacking 10 cords of firewood isn't so much fun.:D

BigBird likes this.
  17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

My "lottery" dream is a 100 acres somewhere in the smokies or foothills. Totally solar powered, well water, zero need for anything from anyone. A guy can certainly dream...

BigBird likes this.
  18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Nephew just bought a place sort of like that in the county that makes up the extreme NW corner of the state.

19. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Your place for sale yet? Will be headed down south to look at places to move to from this shithole called Chicago. N GA and NC are on the list

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

If you are near Morganton and have a little time, I'll try to show you some places. You have kids?

It's a bit early for me to sell. I have to finish this last kid in college, maybe a year or so. I'd really like to sell with the aggressive prices, like my neighbor just had....sold in the first hour at 25k over asking.

This area is not certainly not bad, there's lots of things to do. I should not want to leave, but I'm a reclusive desert rat I suppose. VIR, CMP, and RA are all about equal distant. NCbike is closer and Robeling and Tally are a little farther. That alone is pretty awesome.

When you come here, it may feel like you've moved to the sticks, but this place feels like Chicago to me, LOL. N. Georgia is nice too, but I've only ridden bikes there. I've lived here all of my life. PM coming to you.

G2G likes this.