1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Qatar Race | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. G2G

G2G I feel the need

yeah we saw how well Josh did in his moto 2 races. Thats all Simon needs to do is crash a bike thats not his on a tack he has never been on.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And has been for years.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

The CEO said he never had to use it with the Piano Company, but it is very necessary of the Pasta Machine. Maybe he shouldn't, since he's doing pretty terribly.

sdiver and Phl218 like this.
  4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:But I am pretty sure he could curb stomp the guys that are shit talking him. I would far rather have someone like him that struggles (but will get better) than a smooth talker that doesnt know much. Anyone remember the Cameron Steele era of supercross. Now that was painful...

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

+Mladin, Spies and many world level builders, industry reps, and team owners. Not to denigrate a former 500cc GP winner who should definitely be allowed to grow into his new role, IMO.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would have never guessed that from his racing resume, you know, WSBK and GP winner, and shit. But if you've personally ridden with him, that's a whole 'nother level of credibility right there. :D

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

As good as those guys are, they don't have a GP win on their resumes.

8. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

It's Suzi Perry. Put down the bong hippie! :Poke: :D

image.jpeg

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I like Suzy. I think the riders and teams like her, too, which gets her some access. VR seems to genuinely enjoy speaking with her.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

That’s like it helps to have the skill of being able to back in a semi truck in one pull, when you’re trying to propose to a supermodel with an IQ above 120.

Crafar might be fast, but he surely ran fast against a glass door lately.

My 2.5yo can do better interviews.

12. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Hey I'm not the one trashing an onboard lap for a 500 gp winner. But yes, I am the ultimate authority goddamnit.

I'd like to see that, all those guys are kick ass. But the guys that make it to MotoGP are a cut above the rest. Spies would do it though, if he's a beeber.

I did the two up with Wyman, that's a really cool way to see how a top level rider does the thing, for those of you that get the chance.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    HPPT likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Her interviews with JLo in the 250 days were funny. She called him Gorgeous George and he played along. He was almost likeable back then.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I would normally laugh at this... but I happened to be in mexico this weekend and got to watch qualifying on ESPN 3 and all the races on ESPN 2... really wish it was that easy in the states...

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

The problem with Simon is that usually people work their way up to the highest level gig, and Dorna thought it was a good idea to start him at the highest level and basically sink or swim. Not sure that's the greatest idea.

17. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Yeah??? but has she won a motorcycle race???

motion likes this.
  18. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Crafar the Kiwi is clearly no slouch on a bike but I still stand behind my statement that today he's 17 years removed from competitive racing, is a hair away from being 50 years old, and put him on a track where everyone is familiar and my money is on Hayes, Herrin, et al....

I also don't know why he thinks being a former rider opens so many doors for him versus someone like a Dylan - these guys get pointed to a microphone by the Dorna official and know they have to go over and talk - that's BT Sport, National coverage reporters, MotoGP interviewers, etc... it's not like they pick and choose who they speak to with the exception of grid walks pre-race and possibly a candid chat (like he alluded to with Vale in his comments).

I wish him well and on the upside, does he have a lot of room to progress in that job.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  19. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Did anyone happen to see what the final word was on Marquez' rear brake in moto2?

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

Cold water?

Bring it on