1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Qatar Race | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

.....and, depending on the time of the month, to everybody's detriment.

ShadowBoxer and Potts N Pans like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's going to be painful for the J Lo faithful again this season. Especially the ones who said last year was just for him to become comfortable on the bike. This season he will win the championship! I'm too lazy to dig up those posts but it will be fun watching them squirm all season.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Capture.JPG

The Great One likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

For everyone thinking Zarco faded due to tire trouble or mis-management, it would appear that's not actually the case. More likely the other fast guys were holding back through the first 3/4 of the race, then pulled the pin and ran at their true potential.

"From that point on, Zarco was finished, and dropped through the field like a stone. Not because he started going so much more slowly – the Frenchman kept doing low 1'56s, the pace he had been lapping at for a few laps – but because the rest of the field found a sudden burst of speed. Dovizioso, Márquez, Valentino Rossi, Cal Crutchlow, Danilo Petrucci all suddenly started slamming in low 1'55s, gapping the Frenchman in the space of a couple of laps."

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2018/03/19/2018_qatar_motogp_sunday_round_up_closer.html

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

One of them said that in the post race presser. " Zarco led the race because we let him". They were all trying to conserve tires and were pretty content to let him do the donkey work up front setting the pace which was fast but manageable.

7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

That was Dovi who said that...

Phl218 and The Great One like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That makes sense. He said during the tests a couple of weeks ago that he did not have the pace to win the race. And I think he said that again at some point early this past weekend, before getting the pole position.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

There goes Dovi, not having that fire again :Poke: :crackup:

Phl218, Mot Okstef and The Great One like this.
  10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Catch it? No...it would burn my flesh.

Notice it...yes....back on page 10 :D

Still cant believe it got better and he got on the podium. That was red hot for a bit...:eek:

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yes, but it wasn't due to a mechanical mistake by his team or Yamaha like you are trying to claim...it was a freak accident due to an unforeseen complication of the track affecting the red limiter...a mechanical mistake is Spies being sent out with a set of forceps still clamped to his brake lines...:Poke:

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

It was an error in the software/engine management settings that allowed the engine to over rev when the bike crested the hill on the front straight.

BigBird likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

for a second i thought it was me...

14. fastedyamaha

Still not a mechanical mistake by the team...

15. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

So who is going to start Dear Chip? :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

So your mechanic accidentally took off your rev limiter and fuel cut off and the engine can't handle it, guess it's still your fault and no one else's.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

17. fastedyamaha

Jeez Louise...they didn’t take off the red limiter...his bike got momentarily airborne over a bump on the front straight, it had never happened before...they didn’t think it could happen because it had never happened before and therefore they didn’t know that the red limiter would be exceeded while the bike was in the air...thereby causing his motor to blow up...

18. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

What's this "red" limiter thing?

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

It was the first year of the new engine management and they didn't know it was going to react that way.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t get the Crafar thing. The guy has tons of videos all over the web and is a pretty accomplished rider, trainer, and moto-journalist. Why does he suck so much?