1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Qatar Race | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

It “stuck” on which caused the rotor to glow red hot until there was no more pad material left and the rear brake was completely useless

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I think it would be closer than you think.
    Alex Barros (Ex-gp) started racing Superbikes back in Brazil and one lap pace was right on with Eric Granado, kid that won the Moto2 CEV last year.
    I always wondered about this, I guess once you are fast you will always be fast.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Probably Brembo...:D

5. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Haha I was waiting for someone to bring that here. Cal does not disappoint lol.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

and what did he want to prove to Honda? that he can finish in 5th?

8. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

That he could finish one race in a row without crashing?

badmoon692008, motoboy and BigBird like this.
  9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Lorenzo fired his racing coach that was newly hired for 2018 after ONE race that he didn't even finish. Yikes :crackup:

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Why would a MotoGP champion need a racing coach?

TwiztidR6 likes this.
  11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Apparently there are a few of them, including Valentino Rossi and Marc Márquez, who use riding coaches these days. Everyone is always searching for that teensiest little advantage they can possibly find.

BigBird likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Different sport, but LeBron James spend upwards of $1-1.5M on trainers and such.

Anything that can make you better, why not?

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure if the was sarcasm or a rhetorical question, but top athletes in every sport have coaches. I'm actually surprised that it took this long for the practice to become common in racing.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It was a sarcastic question.....forgot the emoji!

The Great One likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

As predictable of a statement as a crash from him

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Because at the very least the coach has eyes and ears where the rider doesn’t, while doing 220 mph. Also to watch and assess the competition

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All of the top guys have coaches. At least the ones who are winning.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Statement from Brembo -

“In relation to what happened to the rider Jorge Lorenzo of Ducati Team during the Qatar MotoGP Grand Prix, Brembo is really disappointed that the withdrawal of the rider during the lap 12 was caused by an issue connected to the braking system.

“At the end of accurate analysis of our technicians, we confirm that the issue has been identified and resolved so that this anomaly can’t recur”.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Too embarrassing to explain the failure?

20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Clearly! Especially since they went out into that corner after the race was over to look for the part that failed. I'm thinking that somehow the pad fell out of the caliper, maybe it broke in half and that's what fell out and caused a lack of front brakes.