1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Qatar Race | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

You are joking, right?? I have to listen to Screamingly Scull every year at COTA, and after three days listening to him I just want to shoot myself---he's another guy who's absolutely clueless about the riders and teams in Moto2/3, just like Crafar, it's just embarrassing, for frick sake put some preparation in before the races!!!. Btw, did anybody catch when Simon was reading off the tire choices for the Moto2 guys? He couldn't even remotely pronounce the names of the guys who had gone with a diffrent choice then the majority of the field, it got so bad he was pleading for help and eventually the guys in the booth started to laugh at him....

2. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Best commentators for Me would have to be Colin Edwards & James Whitham. Now that would be a pair to listen too, both ap to drop lots of F-bombs.

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Keith Heuwen and Neil Hodgson did a pretty good job on BT Sport last weekend, in fact their whole coverage is good.

younglion and motion like this.
  4. speedkelly

Yep I really liked their coverage, although not a real fan of Suzi prerry.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

She's been doing bike racing for years in the UK, she's better than most and she does have pretty good chemistry with Hodgson and Edwards.

6. speedkelly

Yeah, I guess you are right. Better that Simon Crafar, I feel bad for him. I really enjoyed watching him race, he's getting a lot of stick on socail media right now. I wonder were Dylan Gray went too? I thought he did an awesome job. Could ride a bike pretty fast too.

7. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I like those old-school Sahara-dry British trials commentators. Funny as shit if you can stay awake.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Whitham and Jack Burnicle are world class. Too bad they're on BSB only now.

AJ, rocalotopus and younglion like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Crafar posted an explanation/apology online earlier today. If he’s serious about it he’ll get his shit together and be exponentially better by next round. If not, they need to start interviewing for a replacement.

10. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

Trouble is how the rest of the world would be able to handle dry Yorkshire wit, I agree i love listening to them and they work very well together, kinda like Walker and Hunt to some extent.

The BT sport commentary is excellent, pre race and after race coverage is solid, Moto gp should have been on the phone to Colin Edwards as soon as the Qatar race was over.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you guys really think Colin has any desire to fly all over the world to be a pit reporter at this point in his life?

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He seems to be doing just that with BTSports.

418 likes this.
  13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Did Marquez 2.0 prove once and for all that you don't need to use the rear brake to be fast?

14. heytchap

heytchap Well-Known Member

Where? I'd like to read that.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

B5C2697E-41D9-48E4-AA12-7C683E7F649A.png

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Seeing as he was able to maintain a podium position against a charging Mattia Pasini without it.......I'd say that's pretty good evidence.

However, it still has a place in racing.

17. MotoGP Qatar Race | 2018

18. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

He said he only got an out lap, flying lap, and in lap. i've personally ridden with him, he would stomp every person on this forum. I wonder if he's ridden argentina or cota yet.

Glad to see this. I bet he's rewatching everything and taking notes. He'll improve.

MachineR1 likes this.
  19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Agreed, it's an element of personal style with some usefulness, just not required. Similar to dragging elbows.

20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well considering guys like Josh Hayes, Josh Herrin, Wyman, May, and other top National level riders are members here that’s a bold claim.

Boman Forklift and crashman like this.