1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

C Sarron road a very pre Roberts style. On the bike, leaned into the corner but no knee out. His Brother was more "traditional" in dragging a knee. . . right before he crashed.

2. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Yep. I’m not sure which one was more impressive, his Brno test save (pic) or the one in Barcelona during FP...Karel Abraham had a front seat ticket for that one!

upload_2020-4-21_13-49-48.jpeg

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Christian Sarron himself will tell you that he didn't drag his knee.
    You know who is in that picture? Jean-Philippe Ruggia. :)

SpeedyE, stk0308 and motion like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember Ruggia dragging elbows but riding a freaky style. Worked in 250s but I remember him crashing and not being around all that long in 500s.

5. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

That’s the pic I was thinking of! Nice.

6. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Told you I was probably wrong. lol

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I was talking about 250s. I don't even remember him on a 500.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It was ugly. Tried riding the same style and with those pre big bang 500s it made for some wild moon launches and ugly landings.

Loved watching the french riders. They looked great but you knew that it wasn't going to end well for them.

Still, they were so much better then the Italians and Spanish riders. The Italians and Spanish riders, it was like watching elephants f@ck. Not all that great to watch but you just had to keep going because you knew eventually something really big was going to happen. After, you wish you hadn't.

SpeedyE and badmoon692008 like this.
  9. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Mick, was pretty scrappy to. Wouldn't discount him.

Cawk Star and cav115 like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Imagine the damage Scott Russell and Aaron Yates could inflict on little Marky Mark.

cav115 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Russell was a brawler? I've only heard of one fight, and that did not go well.

Robby-Bobby and Steady T like this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Didn't he take on 5 guys or something like that?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn! I didn't know details. All I remember is that his 200 was compromised because of a fight he didn't win.

cav115 likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Even if its not true, I don't mind stoking that fire and helping to further his legend status :D

SpeedyE, cav115 and HPPT like this.
  15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The best thing I remember about him on a 500 was that soap opera that ultimately gave us the "Ruggia Clause"
    Niall MacKenzie was out of a ride after subbing for Kevin Magee the year before. Gauloises team manager Christian Sarron felt bad for him and arranged for Niall to ride
    Ruggia's spare bike after the second practice of each venue, when Ruggia was to pick the bike he would race. MacKenzie had better results than Ruggia, which drove his father to whine to the press
    that his son was being given crappy equipment. The following year, Ruggia's contract banned his father from the paddock.

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

And I remember team manager Steve Scheibe trying to drink himself into a coma at the Ocean Deck after the race. :)

17. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

No

18. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Don't forget "Mr. Daytona" did some 500 GPs too. On my first overseas trip, saw him finish 6th at the 'Ring. A little late to the game to develop, but he was competitive and can put "been there and done that" on his long resume...

[​IMG]

SpeedyE likes this.
  19. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

So could have Gobert...but we know how that goes.

I miss the free wheelin’ days of yesteryears.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mirs has signed on again for 2021 and 2022. :)