1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Elias had a second run in Moto GP before going to WSBK, if I remember correctly.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Miller never rode in Moto2.

BigBird and MachineR1 like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

MotoGP commentators here said again today that Aldeguer has several offers to move up from Moto 2. But for 2024, not next year.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, and Paolo Ciabatti said on French TV that they are going to watch things for two or three more races but they hope to keep Zarco next year. Much more interestingly, he said that even though Quartararo is a great young rider, the future of Ducati is currently within the Ducati ranks and they are not looking to hire from outside at this point. Lastly, Randy DePuniet said that Martin is a lock for that factory seat next year and that Bastianini is going after a Suzuki seat.

henry_carlson likes this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Where does that put Miller? <rhetorical>

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Australia, drinking a Foster, or fifteen.....

henry_carlson likes this.
  7. dsapsis

Aussie's typically don't drink Fosters -- prefer VB. (I like Cooper's Sparking.) :beer:

With the imminent demise of Rins on hold, the Suzuki seat would have appeared to dry up.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pramac seems most likely.
    He actually said recently that he doesn't mind returning to Pramac, almost as if he already knows the factory seat is gone.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not convinced he is as safe as you seem to think he is.

10. dsapsis

I am not at all certain that his crashing out of second place with four laps to go will not return (maybe even this week), and with it, the on again off again open seat at Suzuki.

11. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but I think Mir is the one that goes at Suzuki I think if Honder calls, he will go.

He maybe good, humble and smart but he rarely shows that "killer mode". You'll see it every now and then but not enough. Yes, he can and does slice through the field at the end of the races but is that him or the bike being easy on the tires? I don't think he'll get another championship no matter where he goes. I hope I am wrong....

cpettit likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Are you talking Mir? is so, You must be mistaken

13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Miller probably back to Pramac.
    I almost don't see why Beast would leave Gresini, other than money.
    Wonder if Morbideli is going to be the one looking to leave Yamaha for greener pastures.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

1)Yes
    2)Money is very nice
    3)FTFY

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t get why riders are not lined up to try and get a rider at Suzuki? Yeah, money is probably better at every other factory team and maybe even pramac but the bike and team punches way above what they should be able to.
    And why someone like gresini is not trying to get their previous year’s bikes is insane.

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Why would gresini want the Suzuki when they have won races this year and would be leading the championship if their rider didn't throw it down Sunday?

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

well he did hurt his wrist in a fall on Saturday, so he wasn't in the best shape to start with

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'm not hating on him he's been amazing this season, just saying he's a strong rider on a strong bike out performing the factory bikes I wouldn't be changing much if I had the choice.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Add Iker Lecuona to the list of 2 years in MotoGP and got flushed.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

American Racing MotoGP Suzuki Satellite team 2023 Joe Roberts & Cam Beaubier

Suzuka_joe, Quicktoy, stk0308 and 3 others like this.