1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

When the subMotoGP class of CRT was created because the field wasn't big enough to qualify as a GP? Yeah, "good times", furshur.

2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

That’s the only part since the current crop of f1 fans have no clue about what the rule change (it definitely didn’t improve the racing)

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The cars actually being able to follow each other and pass hasn't improved racing? Okay.

5axis likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Screenshot_20220822-090755.png

2blueYam likes this.
  6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

you want moto gp to gain popularity????????????
    • First, get that shit on live TV on a major network. NBC sucks and it prioritizes the EPL over everything else. F1 is live on ESPN with a pre race show, thats huge IMO! I am lifting on a Sunday and all the kids in the gym are watching that shit during their rest period because its F1 or the news.
    • Secondly, we gotta get Dorna to stop being ultra gestapo about their IP. F1, like the NBA, allows the social media freaks to have at it with making videos and clips. Content creators currently get their shit removed with the quickness
    • Thirdly, get a damn video game that pops. Seriously, EA Sports FIFA made soccer what it is here in the USA and while yall think its GHEY they sign tv deals in the USA in the billions.
    On track, I just have one suggestion, make the races a bit longer. F1 chews up 2+ hours of dead air time for ESPN. MotoGP is about 40 minutes and that is a hiderance imo

BigBird, MyWayGuy and Senna like this.
  7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I really like the length of a MotoGP race. F1 races are too long imo.

Seiko, BigBird, 5axis and 4 others like this.
  8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i like all those ideas with banning aero and ride height devices.

9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I like the sprint races they are adding too. It gets them a little closer to WSBK and MotoAmerica format. Multiple races in the weekend are a nice move IMO.

MyWayGuy, 5axis and henry_carlson like this.
  10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

im not anti- sprint races, although im not exactly for it either. kinda have a wait and see if it dilutes the overall show, or how it impacts the championship. im cautiously optimistic though.

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  11. noles19

F1 had to work years to get the air time they have now on ESPN and since ESPN just paid so much more money for it now they will probably fuck it up.

As far as content goes agreed 100%, starting by not having their great self made content behind a sign up wall would be a great start .

MotoGP has a decent video game but if no one in the us knows what MotoGP is it doesn't matter plus you can't compare the most popular sport in the world to motorcycles.

henry_carlson likes this.
  12. henry_carlson

i suppose, and i am guessing, Dorna clears more from the $185 sub fee than they would from selling their rights to get on a tv channel or on an espn+ so they dont bother.

I personally feel that if you have a good video game than people will hear about it and play it. Especially in sports... shoot, I will still bust out the xbox 360 to play tiger woods pga 14 and I don't watch golf. Tony Hawk's video game helped turned skateboarding mainstream from a sport that was for outcasts and devil worshipers, so I disagree that a good motogp video game wouldn't be a decent comparison. But dude we cant even buy the game in store so its whatever at this point haha!

BigBird likes this.
  13. henry_carlson

gunther.JPG

according to ze germans its the beast for the factory duc

BigBird likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There is almost no difference between the factory team and Pramac. Maybe you get the new parts a bit earlier but the pay is close, you are still signed directly to Ducati but maybe the free shit you get from sponsors is cooler at the red team I don’t know.

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I got a vibe from listening to Jorge that he would feel slighted if not picked. Might be completely wrong. Surely he’d happily sign back with Pramac?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not just a vibe. He made it abundantly clear since the beginning of the season that he wanted a red bike or he would be considering other options. Unfortunately for him, the market is very different now than it was six months ago so I'm sure he's going to soften his position.

17. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

18. noles19

He should be more worried about not throwing the bike on the ground every race:crackup:

Boman Forklift, cbush and Phl218 like this.
  19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Funny enough, don't the Pramac boys actually often get new bits sooner for the purpose of testing before fielding them on the factory bikes?

20. henry_carlson

2 year deal