1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

What kind of Bread?

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

THoh!....

THylenol overTHose.....

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Any news on Raul Fernandez?

4. Quicktoy

Oooh the Gas Gas looks so good. E3EF0531-90D5-480B-B575-047E3D437418.jpeg

BigBird, ducnut and The Great One like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Makes sense vs two KTM teams

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Looks like another Ducati satellite team.

8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Is the GasGas the new factory team that is supposed to replace Suzuki to keep Dorna's factory team quota?

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

They do repeatedly refer to the GasGas team as a factory team. Interesting. Beirer, “But today it’s a bit more easy to talk about the future, if you see the bike, the project and that we can name it a factory team…”

"To be a full Factory GASGAS team is a big pride, I feel very honoured," Poncharal said.

KTM could, in theory, add a support team to replace Tech3.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There are currently no more grid spots. Last I read they are just dropping the Suzuki spots.

Could change.

Shocker - eh, more like KTM is just using Tech3 to promote one of its brands. Like Biaggi’s team in moto3.

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

If KTM adds a support team, you end up with the same number of factory and support teams as there are today. Or, if no KTM support team is added, this would also seemingly open the door for Yamaha to add a support team. Who knows..

gy999r likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If they add a support team where is Dorna going to put BMW and/or Kawasaki? :crackup:

prm likes this.
  14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I read the other day that Alfa Romeo F1 has picked up 32 new sponsors this year. That’s in addition to existing sponsors. Yeah, some are suppliers and some are technology sponsors but a lot (most I hope) are pitching in cash. That’s just Alfa, even Haas is picking up new sponsors.

I doubt there’s 10 new cash sponsors in motogp for this year and that’s a huge problem. Moto GP is looking like a house of cards on a rickety card table. Could be 24 Ducatis on the grid soon.

ducnut and Quicktoy like this.
  16. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, Dorna made a stink about Suzuki leaving and how they have a requirement to have an X amount of factories on the grid. If this pseudo factory GasGas team is not the answer, then who is? I don't see BMW or Kawi having any interest in MotoGP.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Dorna needs to throw cash at Mark Neale and make a Drive to Survive-quality show. MotoGP Unlimited was bush league.

Even then, it’s going to be tough to match F1’s broader appeal. The racing is far better but most of the racers speak relatively poor English, and a lot less people ride bikes than drive cars in the west.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Those aren’t the people they are marketing toward though.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

i had a duc fairing on the SV :D but not red.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The Marquez Bros manager Almazora is kicked out to the curb.

BigBird and noles19 like this.