1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 15 | Buriram | Thailand | Oct 4 - 6

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 30, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Except Ferrari will find a way to lose a race they should have won and Vettel and Leclerc will argue with the team about why they aren’t being favored by the team at that moment in time

TX Joose and BigBird like this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well yes but I was too lazy to type all those words so thank you! Ha!

fastedyamaha likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Who was first to sign last year, Morbidelli or Quattro?

I only ask because if JL signs with Petronas and is on the Yamaha, and Quattro isn't on a Yamaha, how would the future look in MotoGP? Because at least there's some hope of a rivalry between the two now.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

A factory race team catering to the best rider on the planet? Burn them at the stake!!!!!!!!!

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

So LH44 is not winning the title this year? I keep on falling asleep in this Russia race.

6. fastedyamaha

I think Jorge has lost his mojo...he has crashed his brains out too much and he isn’t jelling with the Honder, that has to be wrecking havoc with his confidence

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

He may, he may not. The point is it is not a foregone conclusion. I expect he is thinking a whole lot more about Leclerc than Marquez is thinking about anyone.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

wish the races were more exciting than the general snoozefest though. oh well. thankfully there's motorcycle racing and all the major championships are wrapped up already. oops.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Why Rossi is still on the grid, plain and simple...
    “Ehhh, I ride-a million dollar motorcycle for fun and, ehhh, they-a pay me millions and-a nobody winna trackday soooo...a gooda resulta issa no necessary.”
    :crackup:

badmoon692008, Laz, Shocker and 2 others like this.
  10. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Didn't Rossi say he can't have a good nights sleep unless he wins, so maybe he's sleep riding.

11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

If anything FQ20 will take Rossi's seat when he retires and that would free up the Petronas seat for Lorenzo.

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I don't understand why you find them snoozefests; I marvel at their skill each and every time, yes some races are more exciting than others. It would take an act of God for me (and a boatload of other people) to get the car out of pitlane without stalling it. According to my husband, it is a miracle I make it to and fro from the grocery store without calamity. Which I grudgingly admit, lol. Anyway, I guess it is a matter of perspective...I look upon it as wonderful to witness, with very few complaints. Except for Ferrari management. WTF?!?! :D

Quicktoy and Laz like this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Moto3 is still open, although it is Della Porta's to lose at this point, but one DNF and it is wide open.
    Only 10 points in WSS.

And the Ducati Team is still in front of the Repsol Honda Team in the MotoGP World Championship 377 to 358. If you think the teams don't care about this, watch Ducati celebrate it if they win it. It is interesting that in the Manufacturer standings they only count the first bike over the line, but in the team it is the total of both riders points. I guess that prevents the manufacturers that have more bikes from having an advantage.
    https://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2019/THA/MotoGP/RAC/worldstanding.pdf?v1_99e90cf1

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

The KTM was designed to mimic the Honda, and Pit Bierer says that Yamaha riders aren't welcome at KTM due to the nature of their beast and that it has to be ridden aggressively, which is the opposite of Yamaha (reference exhibit A; Zarco, J's abrupt departure). Therefore, it stands that Yamaha riders will never gel with the Honda as it demands aggressive inputs, which Marc has in spades and Lorenzo has in, well, not spades? Hence the lack of JL's results due to inability to ride it like a Yamaha and inspiring zero confidence.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. fastedyamaha

Yet Pedrobot won lots of races and you’d never ever describe him as man handling the Honda...nor could he be doing that now as a test rider for ktm yet he’s getting rave reviews for the changes he’s made to the bike since he started testing it

16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

IMO it's been down to Lorenzo's injuries. The same was said of him about the Ducati and yet he found a way to win. I would imagine he is not even remotely pushing on the bike at the moment because there is no point. It's better for him to concentrate on getting healthy than a finishing position that at the end of the day means jack shit.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

that was really before the MM93 emergence. Closest Dani came was 3rd overall with Marquez on Grid.

Shocker, 600 dbl are and pscook like this.
  18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They eventually focused on Marquez, and the change to Michelins hurt Dani big time as he wasn’t able to get heat in the tires. Honda has now made the Honda to compete with Ducati primarily, I don’t know that someone used to a sweet Yamaha or Suzuki could ride it well. Only dudes that I think could do well on that Honda from the current grid are Pol and Iannone.

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Being successful in developing a bike to have specific characteristics can be different than successful race results. As stated by others, Dani can tell the engineers exactly what the Honda feels like regardless of his race results. If he says "The Honda is set up to do exactly this," he's probably dead accurate. It might not be HIS best setup, but it reflects exactly what he experienced on the Honda.

20. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I think Brad Binder could take a swing on that Honda and like it as well once he gets used to a GP bike. Seeing him ride the front end of that junk KTM Moto2 frame is awe-inspiring.